These are the most frequently asked questions about our programs. If you don't find the answer to your question below, please contact us at GPS@mvnu.edu.
Yes! Accreditation is a status granted to an educational institution or a program that has been found to meet or exceed stated criteria of educational quality. Accreditation has two fundamental purposes: to assure the quality of the institution or program and to assist in the improvement of the institution or program.
You may find the answers to many of your questions in the FAQs listed here. If you still have unanswered questions, please call us at 1-800-839-2355.
Yes. MVNU offers an Associate of Arts (General Studies) degree. Completely online, the Associate of Arts (AA) degree in General Studies is available for working adults seeking to earn an associate degree or who plan to pursue a four-year program in the future. The AA credits count toward the baccalaureate degree.
For more information, visit MVNU's Academic Catalog.
This varies by the degree you are pursuing:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), as little as 21 months, depending on previous credit
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership (BAL), as little as 21 months, depending on previous credit
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration (BAPA), as little as 21 months, depending on previous credit
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), about 19 months, taking one course at a time
- MBA in Health Care Administration (MBA–HCA), about 19 months, taking one course at a time
- Master of Science in Management (MSM), about 16 months
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education (ELED), about 27–48 months, depending on previous credit
- M.A.Ed Intervention Specialist Mild/Moderate (initial license), about 34 months (depending on applicant's undergraduate background)
- M.A.Ed Interventional Specialist Mild/Moderate (advanced license), about 18 months
- M.A.Ed Professional Educator's License (PEL), about 22 months (includes student teaching)
- Associate of Arts in General Studies (AA), about 30 months, depending on previous credit
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry (BACM), as little as 21 months, depending on previous credit
- Bachelor of Arts in Ministry Leadership (BAML), as little as 21 months, depending on previous credit
- Master of Ministry (MMin), about 18 months
- Master of Ministry + MBA Dual Degree, 24 months
- Nursing, Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing (for RNs), as little as 21 months, depending on previous credit
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), about 27 months (or more if you need to complete required foundation courses)
Courses in the undergraduate and graduate business programs are offered fully online. Regardless of your location, you will be able to complete your degree program on your time.
All of our education programs at the undergraduate and graduate level are offered entirely online. Ministry
Our Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry, Bachelor of Arts in Ministry Leadership, and our Master of Ministry (including our M.Min./MBA dual-degree program) are offered 100% online. Nursing
The nursing program is offered 100% online. Social Work
The social work program is offered 100% online.
Our accelerated programs are designed for the working adult learner. Most of our programs are offered entirely online, while others hold classes just one night a week. Students are able to maintain their other obligations while pursuing the dream of a college degree. You can fit your education into just about any work/life schedule.
Unlike many other colleges and universities, MVNU does NOT charge an application fee—one more advantage for you!
Yes. To complete your application file, MVNU will need official copies of transcripts sent directly from all schools you have previously attended. They can be sent to:
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
or sent electronically to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu
No, neither of these exams are required for any graduate-level program at Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
Want more information?
Fill out the form below and an enrollment counselor will contact you.
MVNU's MBA Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs