Online Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry Degree
Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s online Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Christian Ministry degree prepares adults of all ages to be competent, compassionate, and committed ministers ready to lead in the 21st century. Because the call to instruct others in the Bible’s teachings can occur at any age, MVNU structures this new degree program around the needs of working adults. A completely online format allows you to complete coursework on your own schedule, around your current professional and personal responsibilities.
*Ministry core only, does not include ordination concentration or total credit hour graduation requirements.
**MVNU’s Ministry Scholarship, at a rate of $300 per class, is automatically applied toward the tuition costs for the online BA in Christian Ministry major core and the ordination concentration. The scholarship amounts to $3,600 for the core courses and $1,800 for all concentration courses. The scholarship does not go toward credit for general education courses.
+MVNU’s Church of the Nazarene (COTN) Ordination Scholarship, at a rate of $100 per class, can be applied toward the tuition costs for the online BA in Christian Ministry major core and the ordination concentration. This scholarship can be applied in addition to the MVNU Ministry Scholarship. The scholarship amounts to $1,200 for the core courses and $600 for all concentration courses. The scholarship does not go toward credit for general education courses.
++30 credit hours of the program must be completed at MVNU. Other restrictions apply. Please contact our Enrollment Team for additional information.
As well, the program is open to everyone of all ages, including individuals who have yet to complete college, who are seeking to finish their bachelor’s degree, or who have previously earned a degree but are called to become a practicing minister.
In guiding students to becoming faithful, well-rounded servants for the Kingdom, MVNU designs the online BA in Christian Ministry degree for today’s diverse world, where a minister is expected to lead in various contexts and environments and influence people of all ages and backgrounds. Through this online ministry degree, students will:
- Develop a biblical, theological, and historical foundation for practicing ministry;
- Learn to apply classic disciplines to pastoral ministry and other forms of service;
- Improve their leadership, communication, counseling, education, and pastoral care skills;
- Improve the art of proclamation, including interpreting scripture, applying it to human needs, and communication for evangelism, Christian nurture, and moral challenge;
- Identify their purpose and goals in ministry and plan, implement, as well as review their own progress toward these benchmarks; and
- Work toward a position as a lead, associate, youth, or children’s pastor or a church planter.
Want more information?
Fill out the form below and an enrollment counselor will contact you.