M.A.Ed. (Professional Educator's License)
The MVNU School of Graduate & Professional Studies is proud to offer a Master of Arts in Education (Professional Educator’s License) program that is intentionally designed for ambitious adults to receive a high-quality education while maintaining personal and professional responsibilities through our fully online program.
This program allows students to earn both a master’s degree and a four-year resident educator license. MVNU is known for the high quality and hands-on approach of our education programs. Students begin working in a classroom within their first year of study and continue gaining relevant experience over the course of the program. This means MVNU graduates have impressive résumés by the time they complete their studies.
- Field experience — Our curriculum includes two field experiences, 75 clock hours each, that provide student interaction, lesson development and delivery, and guidance from experienced teachers.
- Student teaching — Following completion of your field experience and coursework, you will have a 12-week student teaching assignment with a teacher who will guide you through the day-to-day work in the classroom.
- Experienced educators — Throughout your field experiences, you will receive support, guidance, and feedback from your cooperating teachers and university supervisors. This will help you to not only understand best practices to build rapport with your students, but also give you the confidence in your abilities that you need in order be a successful teacher.
|History and Philosophy of Education||2|
Technology for Educators
Inclusive Practices Field Experience
Instructional Design and Effective Teaching
|Multiculturalism in Education||2|
|Classroom Management & Behavior Analysis||3|
|Content Area Reading||3|
|Inclusion and Inclusive Practice||3|
|Urban / Diverse Field Experience||2|
|Ethical Practice and Leadership in Education||2|
|Instructional Design II||1|
|Total Program Hours||42|
For cost/credit hour click here.
Although we try to keep our admissions process as straightforward as possible, our knowledgeable staff is always available and happy to help you.
Admission requirements include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.0-2.99 may be granted probationary admission to the program. A candidate admitted with probationary status is required to submit a letter detailing his/her improvement plan for success and must earn a minimum grade of B- or better in the first two courses.
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 70 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 525 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.
- Complete an Admission Interview.