B.A. in Ministry Leadership
Are you in the ministry field and wanting to hone your leadership and administrative skills?
The BA in Ministry Leadership program offers students an engaging curriculum that equips them with the skills necessary to become competent, confident and informed leaders-leaders who are able to plan projects, achieve goals and meet the expectations of today's world with integrity-and all within a format that, from start to finish, has been designed with convenience, flexibility and affordability in mind.
Students in this program will learn to:
- Utilize their leadership skills within a ministry context and explore the current issues facing ministry leadership in the U.S.
- Recruit and train volunteers effectively for a successful ministerial organization or event.
- Will understand the process of teaching the Bible so that the student can create and facilitate learning experiences by developing curriculum, selecting passages, and teaching.
- Strengthen their biblical worldview and feel encouraged in their personal and professional development, as well as receive enhancement in areas of research and oral and written communication skills.
- Personal Development and Research Skills
- Spreadsheets for Leaders
- Management and Leadership Techniques
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Organizational Behavior
- Ethics and Law
- Managing Human Resources
- Applied Leadership Project
- Teaching the Bible
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Recruiting, Training, and Development of Volunteers
- Current Issues Faced in Ministry
Although our admissions process is relatively straightforward, our knowledgeable staff is available to help you at all times.
Admissions requirements include:
- Completion of an online application
- Submission of official transcripts of all previous college or university courses completed to date.
- Completion of 56 transferable credit hours from a regionally-accredited institution(s) of higher learning with a grade of C- or better (Students who do not meet the 56 credit requirement to enter the program may be eligible to enroll in our General Studies or Associate of Arts programs to prepare for the program).
- An overall GPA of 2.00 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) for all previous college or university coursework completed to date (an applicant with a GPA less than 2.00 may apply for probationary admittance)
- Completion of a Registration Agreement Form
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 80 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 550 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Attn: GPS Admissions
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.
- Complete an Admission Interview.