Pre-Physical Therapy major
To study biology is to gain a deeper understanding of the intricate systems that make life possible.
The MVNU Pre-Physical Therapy program seeks to not only educate students academically, but also to foster strong character and life skills.
Students are advised throughout their program, which is customized to meet the needs of the individual student. The curriculum is designed to encourage students to understand scientific theories within a Christian worldview. A strong sense of community is a key characteristic of the department. Biology majors are prepared to enter graduate and professional school or seek immediate employment as the next step in their career paths.
- Professional faculty — MVNU Biology professors are knowledgeable and experienced, and engage with students in every capacity. Plus, our faculty members are still actively involved in their respective fields of expertise.
- Advising relationships — You'll begin interacting with the faculty within your chosen discipline during your first day of classes, and develop mentorship relationships with them that often continue well past graduation.
- Quality facilities — You will work in our laboratories, which round out the learning environment by mimicking the professional settings that students will work in after graduation.
- Dr. Carrie Beal, Professor of Biology and Department Chair
- Dr. Jon Bossley, Associate Professor of Biology
- Dr. Geoffrey Fuller, Professor of Biology
- Professor Chris Ingersol, Associate Professor of Biology
- Dr. Paul Madtes, Jr., Professor of Biology
Check out the catalog for a complete list of the requirements, courses, and objectives for the Pre-Physical Therapy program.