Pre-Occupational Therapy major
The Pre-Occupational Therapy Program at MVNU is designed to enable students to prepare a file that is competitive for entry into occupational therapy school. While in the program, students are guided through academic, spiritual, character, and life-skill development.
Students are informed of expectations within the program, as well as the expectations of the admissions officers within the occupational therapy schools. A semester-by-semester approach provides students with feedback for self-assessment regarding the extent of preparation as they progress. Seminars, documentation, and one-on-one meetings provide information about the preparation necessary, the application progress, and professional competencies and expectations.
- Professional faculty — MVNU professors are knowledgeable and experienced, and engage with students in every capacity. Plus, our faculty members are still actively involved in their respective fields of expertise. Participation in meetings of the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP), the Central Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (CAAHP), and the Ohio Health Professions Advisors (OHPA), and leadership roles with these organizations enable faculty to be experts in the process of preparation for application and entrance into highly competitive health profession’s programs.
- Advising relationships — You'll begin interacting with the faculty within your chosen discipline during your first day of classes, and develop mentorship relationships with them that often continue well past graduation.
- Quality facilities — You will work in our laboratories, which round out the learning environment by mimicking the professional settings that students will work in after graduation.
- Dr. Carrie Beal, Professor of Biology and Department Chair
- Dr. Jon Bossley, Associate Professor of Biology
- Dr. Geoffrey Fuller, Professor of Biology
- Dr. Binyang Hou, Assistant Professor of Physics
- Professor Chris Ingersol, Associate Professor of Biology
- Dr. Paul Madtes, Jr., Professor of Biology, MVNU Pre-Medical Committee Chair
Check out the catalog for a complete list of the requirements, courses, and objectives for the Pre-Occupational Therapy program.
MVNU has many endowed scholarships available for students of a wide variety of backgrounds and majors.
This program is designed to provide the preparation that is needed to apply to schools that offer occupational therapy programs. Students take courses that are required for entrance, as well as recommended courses. This academic preparation provides part of the necessary components. In addition, students are given instruction and guidance to complete an application profile that is competitive, including extra-curricular activities, volunteerism, clinical exposure, and undergraduate research. Finally, seminars are available for training in professionalism, the application process, interview preparation, and development of essential competencies.
- Chatham University
- Nova Southeastern University
- The Ohio State University
- University of Findlay
- University of Toledo
- Walsh University