Are you passionate about alleviating suffering? Do you want to make a lasting difference in people’s lives?
A bachelor’s degree in Nursing is a career choice with a broad appeal. Nursing makes up one of the largest segments of the U.S. workforce, and the demand for nurses is rapidly increasing. Opportunities for nurses grow every day and there are many areas of employment available, from maternal-child care to surgical nursing. Because of this, nursing is one of the most viable degree options for a student to pursue. Plus, nurses are known for being wonderful support systems that make a lasting difference for doctors and patients alike.
Nursing students at MVNU learn through a range of clinical practice opportunities in a variety of healthcare organizations, in addition to rigorous classroom instruction from expert faculty. Following graduation, students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN licensure exam to become Registered Nurses.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at MVNU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Outstanding facilities — Our state-of-the-art 32,000 square-foot Nursing Skills Lab, including three simulation-observation rooms, high-fidelity human patient simulators, and two large skills laboratories, provides students with the high-end technology they need to learn about their field in minute detail.
- Hands-on experience — Throughout your time in our program, you will participate in over 620 hours of clinicals. We are devoted to making sure you have ample experience that will allow you to enter into your career with ease and confidence in your abilities.
- Professor Karla Adu, Associate Professor of Nursing, Department Chair
- Professor Debra Garee, Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Dr. Judy Gregg, Associate Professor of Nursing, School Dean
- Professor Billie Maglott, Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Dr. Teresa Phillips, Professor of Nursing
- Professor Esther Rudolph*, Assistant Professor of Nursing
Recent MVNU-sponsored trips in which nursing students have participated have been to Israel, Jordan, Swaziland, Belize, Croatia, Hungary, and Italy. Join Nursing students and faculty on a new Spring Break trip to ministering to the Appalachian community in Inez, KY.
For other service learning and academic travel possibilities, visit mvnu.edu/travel.
With over 300 specialty areas in Nursing, it’s not difficult to find employment in your area of interest with this degree.
Because of MVNU’s reputation for graduating highly skilled nurses, our Nursing graduates are in high demand. In fact, many are even hired into full-time nursing positions before graduation.
- Knox Community Hospital
- Ohio Health
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Wise Health System, TX
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- OSU Wexner Medical Center
- Willow Brook Assisted Living
- Cleveland Clinic
- Miami Valley Hospital
- Camden Clark Medical Center, WV
- Licking Memorial
- Bayhealth Hospital, DE