Are you a logical thinker? Do you have a passion for problem solving?
Mathematics majors at MVNU are prepared to enter the workforce upon graduation or to pursue additional education in graduate school. Mathematicians are essential partners with scientists, business people, bankers, and politicians because they have the understanding and mastery of skills necessary for a successful and productive future.
Courses are offered in algebra, calculus, statistics, computer science, and discrete mathematics, and all students are given the option to choose electives among a number of advanced courses and topics. Creative teaching techniques enhance the classroom experience, and faculty individually mentor our students.
- Outstanding faculty — In this program, you will learn from highly qualified professors with doctoral degrees from Temple University and Columbia University; extensive teaching experience; and numerous published writings and professional presentations.
- Faith integration — We place a strong emphasis on the connection between Biblical, Judeo-Christian principles and a liberal arts education. We are devoted to helping you create the ethical foundation upon which you will build your future career.
- Immersive learning — Attendance at professional mathematics meetings and conferences will give you the opportunity to become familiar with the professional word of mathematics.
- Dr. John Noonan, Professor of Mathematics
- Professor Denise Parks*, Instructor of Mathematics
- Professor Deborah Hewlett, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Dr. Bradley Whitaker, Professor of Mathematics, Department Chair
Check out the catalog for a complete list of the requirements, courses, and objectives for the Mathematics program!
MVNU has many endowed scholarships available for students of a wide variety of backgrounds and majors.
A degree in Mathematics from MVNU opens the door to a wide range of career opportunities. You could pursue a position as a technician, statistician, economist, accountant, or even an engineer or meteorologist!
- University professors
- High school teachers
- Quantitative marketing directors