Do you watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials? Do you follow the social media accounts of big businesses just to see what sales tactics they’re using? Then MVNU’s Marketing program is exactly what you’re looking for.
Marketing is all about learning to adapt to and thrive in a diverse, ever-shifting world culture. Every business venture, product, and brand requires high-quality marketing campaigns in order to be successful — which is what makes Marketing one of the largest, most reliable professions in the world.
In addition to a solid foundational knowledge of sales and advertising, a degree in Marketing from MVNU will introduce you to web design, managing logistical operations, and performing studies on customer behavior. You will learn to know your audience and your product, and find the cross-sections between them that are essential to building incredible marketing campaigns.
- Faith integration — We place a strong emphasis on the connection between Judeo-Christian principles and business. We are devoted to helping you create an ethical foundation upon which you can build your business career.
- Professional opportunities — As a Marketing major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus region and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation. This opens the doors to a number of highly sought-after internships, like the ESPN internship MVNU student Aryanna Brown (’17) secured in her senior year.
- 4+1 MBA program — Students ultimately seeking an MBA can complete coursework during their undergraduate studies, obtaining both a bachelor’s degree of their choice and a master’s degree in Business Administration in only five years.
- Professor Timothy Chesnut, Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. James Dalton, Professor of Accounting and GPS Business Programs Coordinator
- Dr. Kevin Hughes, Professor of Management
- Professor Judy Madtes, Assistant Professor of Business
- Dr. Kelly Rush, Associate Professor of Finance and Department Chair
- Dr. Mark Shoaf, Professor of Management
- Professor Paul Swanson, Associate Professor of Physical Education and Women's Volleyball Coach
- Dr. Melanie Timmerman, Professor of Business and School Dean
MVNU is known for putting out savvy, real-world-ready Marketing graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round classroom in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features an up-to-date computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. You will be able to learn the newest, most relevant aspects of programs like Excel while getting hands-on experience with them as you learn.
Marketing majors will have the opportunity to travel through their participation in Enactus or IBI.
- Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need. Guided by academic advisors and business experts, the student leaders of Enactus create and implement community empowerment projects around the globe.
- The Belize Clean Water Coalition focuses on purifying the unclean drinking water in the country of Belize in three villages. MVNU Enactus members travel to Belize to educate children and adults about the importance of clean drinking water by introducing the Berkey Water Filtration system that purifies a sustainable amount of water at one time.
- For service learning and academic travel possibilities, visit mvnu.edu/travel.
- The International Business Institute is designed to give students an opportunity to experience the international dimension of the many fields of business. The program is 10 weeks long and includes periods of residence in key locations as well as coordinated visits and presentations in the major political and economic centers of Russia, The European Union, India, and China.
Marketing majors also have the option of pursuing the Music Business minor. This minor is offered by MVNU in conjunction with the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Best Semester Program. Students pursuing the Music Business minor will spend a semester studying at the Contemporary Music Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
All MVNU students are also invited to participate in our many other service and learning trips.
A degree in Marketing from MVNU provides you with an endless list of career options. Plus, because of our outstanding reputation, MVNU graduates are always in high demand.
You could go on to make brilliant commercials, manage social media accounts for up-and-coming businesses, or create innovative new ad campaigns for well-established brands. Whatever route you choose to take, our Marketing program will help you lay the groundwork for a bright, successful career.
MVNU Marketing grads have worked at:
- Frito-Lay North America (part of the PepsiCo Corporation).
- The J.M. Smucker Company.
- Dave Ramsey.
- Rocky Brands, Inc.
- Speedway LLC.
- Grange Insurance.
“MVNU is a Christ like community where people encourage, challenge, and push you to be better in every aspect of life.”Ross Barber ‘15