- CFP(R) certification — MVNU's Financial Planning program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner(TM) Board. This certification is encouraged for those in the profession of giving financial advice, and is recognized as the highest standard of excellence in the personal financial planning field.
- Immersive learning — You will have the opportunity to network with over 2,000 Christian Financial Planners at the Kingdom Advisors Annual Conference as you learn what it means to apply Biblical wisdom in the profession of giving financial advice.
- Professional opportunities — As a Finance major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus area, throughout central Ohio, and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
- Internships — All Financial Planning students complete in full-time, paid internships in the financial services industry. Moreover, we have employers calling us all year long asking for interns to work for them. Many students are able to gain experience that counts toward CFP certification while in school.
- Aaron Burgess, Assistant Professor of Management
- Professor Timothy Chesnut, Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. James Dalton, Professor of Accounting and GPS Business Programs Coordinator
- Dr. Kevin Hughes, Professor of Management
- Professor Judy Madtes, Assistant Professor of Business
- Dr. Kelly Rush, Associate Professor of Finance and Department Chair
- Dr. Mark Shoaf, Professor of Management
- Dr. Melanie Timmerman, Professor of Business and School Dean
MVNU is known for preparing savvy, real-world-ready Finance graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round classroom in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features an up-to-date computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. You will be able to learn the newest, most relevant aspects of programs like Excel while getting hands-on experience with them as you learn. As part of the Financial Planning program, you will be prepared to use the latest financial planning software the industry has to offer.
Odds are, you’ll be employed in your field before even graduating — or maybe even before senior year! Year after year, MVNU Finance majors are being offered full-time employment opportunities prior to the start of their senior year. Some even began working in their new positions remotely while finishing up their classes!
With a degree in Finance from MVNU, you will be fully prepared for a career as a financial planner, analyst, consultant, manager — or you could pursue a career in investment banking, insurance, or corporate finance!
- Key Bank
- Chase Bank
- Edward Jones
- Wells Fargo
- Ron Blue Trust
- Cardinal Health
- Northwestern Mutual
“The smaller class sizes foster a strong sense of camaraderie as you work in the labs each year, since you end up spending a lot of time with the people on the same track as you. Also, it’s beneficial to have professors who are so readily accessible in case you need assistance.”Wesley Judy, ‘13