Engineering is a rewarding discipline with a variety of exciting occupational possibilities. Because we live in a world of ever-changing technology, skilled engineers are a staple of almost every sector of the economy.
It is also among the highest paying career fields. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, Electrical Engineers earn a median salary of more than $84,000 and Mechanical Engineers earn more than $78,000. In fact, engineering median salaries are more than twice as much as the national average for all occupations!
If you have an inquisitive mind, enjoy research and problem solving, and are looking for a dynamic and lucrative career, consider engineering at MVNU. Creative discovery meets technical know-how in the MVNU Engineering program.
MVNU offers a major in General Engineering with concentrations in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Outstanding faculty — Dr. Dave Che brings extensive work experience in the automotive industry and has taught engineering in Christian colleges for almost ten years.
- State-of-the-art facilities — Opening in the fall of 2018, MVNU’s Department of Engineering will be located in a newly renovated building in downtown Mount Vernon. The 10,824-square-foot facility will house the university's Engineering program and a community makerspace, in partnership with Knox Labs. It will include advanced laboratories as well as contemporary project work areas and study spaces.
- Earning potential — According to a survey published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, graduates with a degree in Engineering have a starting salary of $62,500. Whether you choose mechanical or electrical, both areas of study prepare you for a prosperous future.
- Industry Support — MVNU Engineering enjoys great support from the local community, with several organizations sponsoring student projects and internships.
- Practical experience — Supported by MVNU faculty, students use rea;-world tools to work on real-world problems, fulfilling MVNU's motto: "To Seek to Learn is to Seek to Serve."
100% of engineering graduates have found jobs within months of graduation.
There are a number of career paths available to MVNU Engineering graduates.
Electrical Engineering graduates typically go on to design and study a range of electrical and electronic systems, including electrical circuits, motors, generators, and telecommunications.
Mechanical Engineering graduates usually specialize in the design of physical or mechanical systems, like power and energy sources, aerospace products, and more.
Other career options include architecture, urban planning, teaching, and cost estimation.