With the growing use of computer technology comes an increasing need for competent computer professionals who can properly design, build, and manage innovations. Whether your interest is in networking or programming, this degree can help you be marketable in the fast-growing, competitive field of computer technology.
Computer Science majors at MVNU gain a solid foundation in both theory and practical skills, making them adaptable professionals as innovations occur in the world of technology. Opportunities for research and development, access to exceptional lab facilities, and participation in faculty-lead projects provide a rich, personalized experience. Our faculty have many years of experience working as computer scientists and provide students with the support and one-on-one mentoring they need to be successful.
- Strong reputation — MVNU is recognized by the industry as having a top-notch Computer Science program, with grads that score in the 80th percentile on the Computer Science Major Field Test.
- Professional opportunities — Relationships with a variety of companies provides opportunities for internships and eventual full-time employment for our graduates. In fact, virtually all of our grads have jobs in their field upon graduation with current average starting salaries of around $50,000. That’s nearly $5,000 above the national average starting salary for bachelor’s degree holders.
- Dr. Brad Whitaker, Chair of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Dr. Michael Robbeloth, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Dr. Deborah Wilson, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Check out the catalog for a complete list of the requirements, courses, and objectives for the Computer Science program!
MVNU has many endowed scholarships available for students of a wide variety of backgrounds and majors.
A Computer Science degree from MVNU will prepare you for a wide variety of dynamic careers, such as: software engineering; software development; project management; architectural design; web, mobile, and embedded system development; network, database, and server configuration and management; and more!
Plus, this degree has a high payoff, with an average starting salary of $70,000 and the opportunity for your income to double or triple as you gain years of experience in your career.
Or, you may choose to go on to graduate school, where you’ll find you’re ahead of the game. MVNU graduates who have gone on to study at the Ohio State University often let us know that they’re much better prepared and more knowledgeable in their field than their grad school classmates.
- For the second consecutive year, our computer science graduates have had 100% job or graduate school placement prior to graduation.
- Hyland Software
- Lockheed Martin
- Cardinal Health
- Huntington National Bank
- Nationwide Insurance
- Stewardship Technology
- Compassionate International
- Binary Defense
- NASA Glenn Research Center
- Clear Creek Applied Technologies
- Northrop Grumman