To study biology is to gain a deeper understanding of the intricate systems that make life possible.
The MVNU biology science program seeks to not only educate students academically, but also to foster strong character and life skills.
Students are advised throughout their program, which is customized to meet the needs of the individual student. The curriculum is designed to encourage students to understand scientific theories within a Christian worldview. A strong sense of community is a key characteristic of the department. Biology majors are prepared to enter graduate and professional school or seek immediate employment as the next step in their career paths.
- Professional faculty — MVNU Biology professors are knowledgeable and experienced, and engage with students in every capacity. Plus, our faculty members are still actively involved in their respective fields of expertise.
- Advising relationships — You'll begin interacting with the faculty within your chosen discipline during your first day of classes, and develop mentorship relationships with them that often continue well past graduation.
- Quality facilities — You will work in our laboratories, which round out the learning environment by mimicking the professional settings that students will work in after graduation.
- Excellent preparation — Most MVNU Biology grads finish in the top 25% of their classes in professional and graduate school.
- Skill development — Many relevant student job positions on campus are available to Biology majors, such as Resident Health Assistants or Biology Lab Assistants.
- Dr. Carrie Beal, Professor of Biology and Department Chair
- Dr. Jon Bossley, Associate Professor of Biology
- Dr. Geoffrey Fuller, Professor of Biology
- Professor Chris Ingersol, Associate Professor of Biology
- Dr. Paul Madtes, Jr., Professor of Biology
Check out the catalog for a complete list of the requirements, courses, and objectives for the Biology program!
MVNU has many endowed scholarships available for students of a wide variety of backgrounds and majors.
A major in Biology is the perfect jumping-off point for a career in science or medicine. You could become a pharmacist, dentist, veterinarian, environmental scientist, or pursue a number of other career options that come after the foundation of a quality Biology education.
- The Ohio State University
- Case Western Reserve University
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Toledo
- Ohio University
- Michigan State University
- Pittsburg State University
- West Virginia University