The Institutional Effectiveness Office, reporting to and operating under the provost, serves the University through performing activities related to assessment, planning, reporting and testing.
- Consult with academic departments and institutional units to identify desired unit outcomes, to assist in identifying appropriate evaluation methodologies, and to assist those units with developing and implementing improvement plans;
- Provide guides and guidance in developing unit assessment plans;
- Conduct workshops and other training programs to enable university personnel to conduct performance evaluations germane to the unit's responsibilities;
- Conduct basic research related to student learning outcomes and administrative/support services;
- Survey key constituencies on their levels of satisfactions with university programs, services, and initiatives;
- Summarize research results and report key findings to units and key constituencies;
- Assist the units to extract meaning from the research and survey assessments;
- Provide counsel and consultation to the units on how to make data-driven decisions related to corrective, improvement or intervention efforts;
- Monitor regulatory compliance related to academic records; and
- Report to governmental departments and regional accreditation agencies.
To serve university constituencies in a spirit of accountability and transparency, key data and reports are provided for the three most recent years.
Institutional Research and Reporting
- Common Data Set
- Fact Sheets
- Survey Summaries
Strategic Planning for Student Learning Units
Strategic Planning for Administrative and Non-instructional Units
- Mrs. Carla R. Parsons, Research Assistant (740.397.9000/4120)
- Mrs. Robyn K. Crow, Test Center Manager (740.397.9000/4230)
- Mrs. Kathy L. Griffith, Director of Institutional Research and Reporting (740.397.9000/4121)
- Dr. Randie L. Timpe, Assistant to the President for Effectiveness and Planning (740.397.9000/4122)