RN to BSN
Are you a registered nurse looking for career advancement in the increasingly complex health care market?
The MVNU School of Graduate and Professional Studies is proud to offer an RN to BSN degree-completion program that is intentionally designed for ambitious adults to advance their education while maintaining personal and professional responsibilities.
This program is built for registered nurses who want to build upon their expertise by learning new, innovative approaches to improving health care in their communities. Graduates of our RN to BSN program are highly qualified and prepared to enter graduate-level education should they so choose.
- A quality education — Our program is accredited by both the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)* and Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and is approved by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- Immediate applications — Learn in a supportive environment with other registered nurses and gain experience that can be applied immediately in your nursing career.
- Convenience — MVNU’s accelerated curriculum is designed for working nurses to take one class at a time – in Mount Vernon, via video-conferencing from anywhere, or online.
*The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at MVNU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Evidence for Nursing Practice
Comprehensive Health Assessment
Transition to Professional Nursing
|Population Health Perspectives||5|
|Nursing Leadership and Management||5|
|Healthcare Trends and Issues||3|
|Theoretical Perspectives for RNs||3|
|Biblical Perspectives for Healthcare Professionals||3|
|Environmental Science for Nurses||3|
|Introduction to Statistics||3|
|Total Program Hours||43|
For cost/credit hour click here.
Although we try to keep our admissions process as straightforward as possible, our knowledgeable staff is always available and happy to help you.
Admission requirements include:
- Submission of official transcripts of all previous college or university courses completed to date showing successful completion of a nationally accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for all previous college or university coursework completed to date.
- Submission of RN license verification confirming active, unencumbered license as an RN in Ohio from the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification
- Submission of complete immunization record.
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 70 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 525 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date.* Please have your transcripts sent to:
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- MVNU will verify your nursing license status from the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.
*Applicants to the AA program may be conditionally accepted and begin their program before official transcripts have been received; however, official transcripts must be received no later than the last day of the student's second course in order to remain enrolled in the program.
Do you qualify for Prior Learning Credit?