Online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance
Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU) designed the online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance for the busy professional currently working in or aspiring to a career in banking, accounting, or tax preparation, ideally in a corporate, non-profit, government, or ministry setting. Flexible, 100% online coursework blends the leadership-driven concepts of MVNU’s standalone BBA degree with greater emphasis on finance and investment topics and the biblical worldview that frames students’ ethical decision-making.
*Based on students beginning the program with 56 transferable credit hours and only needing the program-specific classes. Time to completion varies based on individual student circumstances and previous college experience.
**30 credit hours of the program must be completed at MVNU. Other restrictions apply. Please contact our Enrollment Team for additional information.
This degree, named one of the Top 3 Best Online Business Programs in 2018 by Affordable Colleges Online, allows students to select from four extended majors, including Finance. The online bachelor’s in Finance degree applies the BBA’s principles toward high-powered, in-demand roles in finance, investment, and insurance industries. Coursework places emphasis on business and personal finance, markets, risk management, and institutions, introducing students to:
- How financial institutions work, including asset, liability, and risk management;
- The securities market, including investment strategies and planning;
- Advanced financial management concepts, such as capital structure, working capital, financial analysis, and behavioral finance;
- Financial risk management and the role insurance plays in lessening common business risks; and
- Personal financial planning, including taxes, savings, credit management, and investment issues.
While the coursework is readily applicable to the business world, the online BBA in Finance further lays the groundwork for students to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in the future.
Want more information?
Fill out the form below and an enrollment counselor will contact you.
MVNU's BBA Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs