B.A. in Public Administration
You have a passion for helping others in need. An MVNU education is the edge you need to maximize your potential and get out there sooner!
This program can be completed in as little as 21 months and focuses on helping you develop and utilize a strong, ethical foundation necessary for making critical decisions in times of crisis and uncertainty. Through this degree, you’ll become a strong and informed leader, ready to plan projects, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in your industry. Classes educate you on a number of topics from Public Service in Communities to Political Theory and Practice for a well-rounded approach. The high-quality curriculum is taught by capable, supportive faculty members who are committed to helping you succeed. With either a fully online format or hybrid format, the degree allows you to work from the comfort of your own home.
- Convenient—the classes in this program are offered entirely online, allowing you to complete your coursework in the comfort of your own home. It has been formatted to provide opportunities for completion in as little as 16 months with the ability to select courses in specific areas of interest to complete the degree and pursue licensure.
- Get support — We use a cohort-based model that supports and maximizes student learning, while allowing you to create meaningful relationships in an intentionally Christian learning environment.
- Learn from the best—Our courses are facilitated by seasoned faculty members with years of experience as educators and/or administrators.
- Personal Development and Research Skills
- Spreadsheets for Leaders
- Management and Leadership Techniques
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Organizational Behavior
- Ethics and Law
- Manging Human Resources
- Applied Leadership Project
- Introduction to Public Administration
- Public Service in Communities
- Political Theory and Practice
- Public Policy
Admission requirements include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.0–2.99 may be granted probationary admission to the program. A candidate admitted with probationary status is required to submit a letter detailing his/her improvement plan for success and must earn a minimum grade of B- or better in the first two courses.
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 80 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 550 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Attn: GPS Admissions
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.
- Complete an Admission Interview.