Online Master of Science in Nursing Degree
An administrative, leadership, or teaching role represents the next step for many practicing nursing professionals, and paving the way there, Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) helps students hone their instructional and content development skills. The program includes a core of advanced nursing courses and a Nurse Educator concentration that prepares students to take the National League for Nursing’s Certified Nurse Educator Exam.
Geared toward registered nurses who previously completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), this 100% online program prepares students to teach in academic and clinical settings and have a voice in staff and policy development. In the process, the flexible format ensures that nurses who have already climbed the ranks within the healthcare field won’t have to take time off to advance their career.
Through core courses and a concentration, the online Master’s in Nursing degree instructs students in advanced nursing practices, nursing role development, building curricula, designing programs and courses, methods for clinical instruction, and optimally evaluating learning outcomes. Within this higher-level framework, the program further reflects the mission of MVNU’s School of Nursing and Health Sciences:
- Apply Biblical principles within a professional healthcare context;
- Provide comprehensive nursing care based on empirical testing and personal, ethical, and aesthetic knowledge;
- Analyze and build solutions from subjective and objective data;
- Acknowledge the influence of environment on individual and community health;
- Deliver nursing care in response to actual and potential health issues; and
- Compassionately care for the whole person, viewing each patient as worthy of respect and dignity.
Want more information?
Fill out the form below and an enrollment counselor will contact you.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at MVNU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).