The MVNU School of Graduate & Professional Studies is proud to offer a Master of Ministry degree program that is intentionally designed for ambitious adults to receive a high-quality education while maintaining personal and professional responsibilities.
Our program is designed to meet the needs of those currently in ministry, pursuing ministry, or exploring bi-vocational ministry. It can be completed in 18 months and is offered entirely online for convenience. In addition to a competitive tuition rate, MVNU is also extending a $5,000 scholarship (awarded as $500 per class) to be applied to the total cost of the program to all new students.
Master of Ministry students will learn to:
- Understand the biblical, theological, and historical foundations for the practice of ministry
- Apply these classical disciplines to pastoral ministry tasks and other forms of service
- Enhance skills for the practice of ministry in leadership, communication, pastoral care, counseling, and education
- Strengthen the art of proclamation, including interpretation of scripture, application to human need, and communication for evangelism, Christian nurture, and moral challenge
- Identify the purpose and goals of ministry and develop the disciplines of planning, implementing, and assessing progress toward those goals
|Ethical Issues in Ministry||3|
The Church in the Twenty-First Century
The Pastor as a Person
|Contemporary Approaches to Preaching||
|Contemporary Theological Issues||3|
|The Doctrine of Holiness||3|
|Building Ministry Teams||3|
|Managing the Church||3|
|Total Program Hours||30|
For cost/credit hour click here.
Although we try to keep our admissions process as straightforward as possible, our knowledgeable staff is always available and happy to help you.
Admission requirements include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.0–2.99 may be granted probationary admission to the program. A candidate admitted with probationary status is required to submit a letter detailing his/her improvement plan for success and must earn a minimum grade of B- or better in the first two courses.
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 70 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 525 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.