PEL Admission Requirements
You're ready to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of others. When you enter the PEL program at MVNU, you earn both your master's degree in education and prepare for state licensure exams in as little as two years.
Requirements for Master of Arts in Education - PEL program enrollment:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Probationary admittance is possible for cumulative grade point average of 2.0-2.99.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 500 or above on the TOEFL test or scoring 17 or above on the ESL Proficiency Examination.
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete your application online at http://www.mvnu.edu/gps/apply_now.asp.
Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Attn: GPS Admissions
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu
- Complete a Registration Agreement Form.
- Attend an Admissions Interview.
Get Answers to Your Questions
At MVNU, we know you don't want to jump into a career change without thinking it through. We've provided some answers for you on our FAQ page. Still wondering if you meet the qualifications? Want to talk to someone about the time commitment involved? Have a question about courses required for licensure, credit transfers, or financial aid? You can request information online, or just pick up the phone and give us a call at 1-800-839-2355. We're happy to answer all of your questions.