|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Matt Price
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3617
- Ph.D. University of Kansas, Foundations of Education, 2001
- M.Div. Nazarene Theological Seminary, emphasis Religious Education, 1997
- B.A. Mount Vernon Nazarene College, Religion, 1994
- Certificate in Cross-cultural Ministry, Nazarene Theological Seminary, 2002
- Diplôme, Level 4 - French language study, Centre d´Enseignement Français, France, 2004
- Youth Pastor, Delaware Church of the Nazarene, Delaware, Ohio
- Youth Pastor, Nall Avenue Church of the Nazarene, Prairie Village, Kansas
- Pastor, Oakland United Methodist Church, Buckner, Missouri
- Curriculum editor, Sunday School Ministries/WordAction Publishing, Kansas City, Missouri
- Missionary, Church of the Nazarene, Africa West Field
Awards and Recognition:
- American Society of Missiology
- Wesleyan Theological Society
Published Works and Presentations:
- Alumni Medallion Award (clergy recipient) – MVNU (2008)
- Commissioned as Global Missionary, Church of the Nazarene (2006)
- Ordained as Elder, Church of the Nazarene (1998)
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
- The Influence of Personalism on the Theology and Education of H. Orton Wiley. Wesleyan Theological Journal 41.2 (2006): 142-160. Print.
- Popular Notions of the Missionary Task in a Post-Missionary Era: A Hopeful Response to the Image of Missionaries Depicted in 20th Century Novels. Missiology: An International Review. 36.2 (2008): 245-256. Print.
- The Mystery of the Ancient Anchor. Children’s Mission Book. Kansas City: Beacon Hill Press. (2010).
- Lucas’ Living Water Adventure. Children’s Mission Book. Kansas City: Beacon Hill Press. (2012).
- Undergraduate Perceptions of Vocational Calling into Missions and Ministry. Missiology: An International Review. 41.1 (2013): 87-96. Print.
- Ordination and Power Relations: A Cultural Analysis from the Ritual Theory of Practice. Wesleyan Theological Society. March 23, 2013. Presentation.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
Paper delivery – Columbus Dispatch
- Cashier – Kroger
“Yet he [Abraham] did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.” Romans 4:20-21 (NIV)