Dr. Randy Cronk
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3702
- Ph.D. Indiana University, Social Psychology, 1987.
- M.A. Indiana University, Social Psychology, 1983.
- B.A. Greenville College, Psychology, 1980.
- Professor of Psychology, August 1984 to present.
- Staff Psychologist, Mount Vernon Developmental Center, December 1987 to March 1994.
- Associate Instructor of Psychology, Indiana University, August 1982 to May 1984.
- Research Assistant, Department of Psychology, Indiana University, August 1980 to August 1982.
Awards and Recognition:
- American Psychological Association
- Council of Teachers of Undergraduate Psychology
- American Scientific Affiliation
Top Five Published Papers and Presentations
- Alpha Kappa Sigma National Honor Society
- Outstanding Young Men in America, 1985
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Mitchell, T., Thompson, L., Peterson, E., and Cronk, R. "Temporal Adjustments in the Evaluation of Events: The Rosy View." Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 33, 421-448. 1997.
- "Cognitive development during adolescence." In C.S. Schuster and S.S. Ashburn (Eds.), The Process of Human Development: A Holistic Life-span Approach. (3rd ed.). Philadelphia: J.B. Lippencott., 1992.
- Schuster, C., Cronk, R., and Reno, F.W. "Social development during adolescence." In C.S. Schuster and S.S. Ashburn (Eds.), The Process of Human Development: A Holistic Life-span Approach. (3rd ed.). Philadelphia: J.B. Lippencott., 1992.
- "Faculty Assessment: Tappying the Potential for Excellence," keynote address, Faculty Institute, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, August 1997.
- "Wellness can be an adventure." Paper presented and workshop led at the Association of Christians in Student Development Conference, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, November 1993.
Psalms 24:1 - "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world and all who live in it."