|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration
Dr. Packiaraj Arumugham
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 3715
- Ph.D, Bharathidasan University, Social Work, India
- MSW, Bishop Heber College, India
- Assistant Professor, Marywood University, PA, Fall'06- Spring'12
- Associate Professor, Dordt College, lA, Fall'04- Spring-06
- Reader in Social Work, Bishop Heber College, India, Fall-89- Spring'04
- Project Manager, World Vision-India, 1985-89
Awards and Recognitions:
- North American Association of Christians in Social Work (NACSW)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors (BPD)
Published Works and Presentations:
- Research Initiation grant ($1700.00), Marywood University, "Religious Orientation and Marital Satisfaction,"- July 2008- June 30, 2009.
- MPAC grant ($1500.00) for a Study Abroad Program to India, March, 2011.
Favorite Web Sites:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Arumugham, P. (2011). Marital Quality in Inter-caste and Intra-caste Marriages. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences.
- Arumugham, P. (2011). Corruption and the Need for Good Governance. In N.U. Khan & P. Sigamani (Eds.), Reinventing Public Management & Development in Emerging Economies (pp. l 008-l 021 ). New Delhi: Macmillan Publishers India Limited.
- Arumugham, P. (2010). Open Taboo: Sexuality and the Asian Indian American Community. InT. Kulanjiyil & T.V. Thomas (Eds.), Caring for the South Asian Soul: Counseling South Asians in the Western World (pp. 55-68). Bangalore: Primalogne Publishing Media Private Limited.
- Arumugham, P. (2009). Social Work Profession and Lessons from the West. In P. Ilango (Ed.), Quality Enhancement of Social Work Profession in India: Issues and Challenges (pp. 54-58). New Delhi: Allied Publishers Pvt.Ltd.
"Be still, and know that I am God," Psalm 46:10
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Singing and reading