Dr. Pam Owen
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 3403
- Ed.D. Ball State University, 2002.
- M.S. State University of New York, Education, 1987
- B.S. Elementary Education, 1974.
- Professional License, State of Ohio Department of Education, Teaching License Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight
Published Works and Presentations:
- Professor of Education, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, OH, 1996 - present
- Associate Professor of Education, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY, Summer 2006 & 2007
- NCATE Coordinator, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, OH, 2003 - 2007
- Co-Director and Lead Teacher, Pre-school, Knox County Educational Service Center, Mount Vernon, OH, 1993 - 1996
- Head Teacher, Grades 1-4, Summer School, Mount Vernon City Schools, OH, 1992
- Public School Substitute Teacher, Grades K-6, Knox County area schools, OH, 1991 - 1993
- Private School Teacher, Kindergarten, Faith Heritage School, Syracuse, NY, 1985 - 1991
- Licensed Family Day Care, Children's Services, Syracuse, NY, 1977 - 1985
- Pediatric Physicians Assistant, Drs. Frank and Frank, Oklahoma City, OK
- Owen, P.M. (2010). Project-based learning in faith-based multicultural education. In H. Less (Ed.), Faith-based education that constructs: A creative dialogue between constructivism and faith-based education (pp. 229-237). Eugene, Oregon: Wipf & Stock.
- Owen, P.M., & Gillentine, J. (2010). Please touch the children: Appropriate touch in the primary classroom. Early Child Development and Care, DOI: 10.1080/03004430.2010.497207
- Owen, P.M. (2010). Increasing pre-service teachers' support of multicultural education, Multicultural Perspectives, 12,(1), 18-25.
- Owen, P.M. (2010, November). Impact of performance based online learning activities on graduate students' attitudes of teaching for democracy. Poster session presented at the International Conference of Education, Research, and Innovation. Madrid, Spain.
- Owen, P.M. (2010, November). Men are a minority in early childhood education: University faculty can help restore gender balance in schools. Paper session presented at the International Conference of Education, Research, and Innovation. Madrid, Spain.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association for Multicultural Education
- National Association for the Early Childhood Teacher Educators
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11, 12
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
I once worked for a film developer running a machine that processed negative strips. My current hobby is travel, travel, travel. I also enjoy photography, knitting, and writing.