Dr. C. Damon Osborne
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 4717
- Ph.D., Capella University, 2008, Instructional Design for Online Learning
- M.S. Ed., Walden University, 2004, Integrating Technology Into the Curriculum
- Bachelor of Music Education, 1991, Ashland University, Instrumental Music Education
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- Graduate Education Department Chair
- Director of Instructional Technology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Professor of Education, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Coordinator for Online Curriculum Development, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Dean of Academic Students, TRECA Digital Academy
- Professional Development Specialist, TRECA
- Instrumental Music Director, Mt. Gilead Exempted Village Schools
Published Works and Presentations:
- The Association of Christian Distance Education (ACCESS)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
Favorite Web Sites:
Favorite Scripture Verse
- Osborne, C. D. (2010). Fostering Online Communities of Faith. In H. Lee (Ed.), Faith-Based Education That Constructs (pp. 208-226). Eugene, Oregon: Wipf & Stock.
- Osborne, C. D. (2010). Spiritual Connections: How Effective are Discussion Forums at Establishing an Online Community of Faith. Teaching With Compassion, Competence, Commitment, 4(1), 91-105.
- Osborne, C. D. (2008, November). [Review of the book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms]. Teaching With Compassion, Competence, Commitment, 2(2), 80-86.
- Osborne, C. D. (2007). Student Engagement: Tools for Creating an Online Community of Faith. Teaching With Compassion, Competence, Commitment, 1(1), 39-53.
- Osborne, C. D. (2007). The use of qualitative research methodology to study the development of online communities of Faith. Teaching With Compassion, Competence, Commitment, 1(2), 21-37.
1 John 4:8 - "God is love, and anyone who doesn't love others has never known him."
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
I'm an avid (yet limited) guitarist, a composer, and a part time web designer. Past jobs include oil field worker, dietary specialist in a nursing care facility (i.e., dishwasher), stockboy, construction, gardener, composer/arranger for a drum and bugle corps, retail music sales, and utility infielder for a number of bands over the years (guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals, trumpet, etc.)