Strange meteors hosting a foreign radioactive element have been steadily falling to Earth for years, threatening the safety of civilization as we know it. Earth’s top leaders and scientists have banded together to build makeshift vaults to house as many citizens as possible. You and one-fourth of the world’s remaining population were fortunate enough to be part of “the chosen” who made their way into a vault. The rest of the world’s population, known as “the others” find themselves in a post-apocalyptic radioactive wasteland. The safety mechanisms of your vault are malfunctioning. Your experience starts at the Gazebo in the Grove, where you must evacuate immediately on a dangerous trek through the radioactive wasteland to find sanctuary in Sanctum.
- This event is limited to current residential and commuter students, faculty, and staff.
- Individuals will not be allowed to go through Sanctum more than once.
- Time slots start at 7:00 p.m.; the last slot of the night is at 10:40 p.m.
- Although time slots on the registration form are 5 minutes apart, the entire trek through the experience will take between 40-45 minutes.
- There are two groups of four participants available for each time slot. These two groups of four (eight people total) will go through the Sanctum experience together. If you have more than four in your group, you’ll need to sign up for two 4-person groups within the same time slot.
- If all time slots are filled, walk-ups on the night of the event may be available if a group doesn't show up. The maximum group size is 8. We will add walk-in guests for time slots that have 7 or fewer individuals.
- Be sure all members of your party arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time to pay your $2/person entry fee (cash only), sign waivers, and receive instructions. Because of the tight time schedule, individuals who arrive late will forfeit their registration to walk-in guests.
- Sturdy shoes are required. There is walking and climbing involved on uneven surfaces. You will not be allowed on the trail if you’re wearing sandals, Crocs, or flip-flops.
- Although we took great care to cut down the poison ivy, long sleeves and pants are highly recommended.
- The trails are dark. Flashlights are optional. How brave are you?
Event Sponsor:Student Life
- Student Life
- Intercultural Life