All spots are taken, walkups may be available. Check in at the tent to check availability. If you previously signed up, be sure to arrive ahead of your scheduled time to sign waivers.Sanctum is not a typical haunted trail with cheap scares. Your group of 4-6 people will be immersed into a creepy and unnerving story that unfolds as you trek through ¾ miles of wooded trails. The recent storms that passed through Mt Vernon knocked down several great Oak trees. Scientists and researchers believe that these trees were hosts to ancient dormant spores that have now infected numerous citizens of Knox county. This infection is spreading at an alarming rate. At this time, not much is known about this “virus”—other than those who have been infected are exhibiting bizarre behavior. The US Government has declared this a national emergency. Your experience starts at the wooden bridge in the Grove; where you and your group will wait in line to enter into a US Government sanctioned ‘quarantine zone’.
- Due to COVID protocols, this event is limited to current residential and commuter students, faculty, and staff.
- You are required to find your own group of 4-6 people. Although walk-up groups are welcomed, pre-registration for a time slot is encouraged.
- If pre-registering, on person signs up for the entire group.
- Although time slots on the registration form are 10 minutes apart, the entire trek through the woods will take between 30-45 minutes.
- If you are late for your registration time, your time slot will be forfeited to a walk-up group.
- Sturdy shoes are required. There is walking and climbing involved on uneven surfaces. You will not be allowed on the trail if you’re wearing sandals, Crocs, or flip flops.
- Although we took great care to cut down the poison ivy, long sleeves and pants are highly recommended.
- The trails are dark. Flashlights are optional. How brave are you?
- Student Life
- Intercultural Life