For parents, grandparents, and siblings
- Parents Breakfast, $5 per person, in Foster Hall (Ariel Arena)
- Meals in the Dining Commons (prices vary per meal)
- OAKtoberfest, $5, Oakwood Lawn
October 13-15, 2017
Family Weekend is an opportunity for families of MVNU students to experience the rich variety of activities on campus and in Knox County.
Come and get a taste of what your daughter or son is experiencing at MVNU. Tour the campus, enjoy breakfast with other parents, attend athletic competitions, visit MVNU's Schnormeier Gallery, eat a meal with students in the dining commons, enjoy the beauty of various sites in Mount Vernon, and don't miss the annual OAKtoberfest activities!
Schedule of Events:
- 10:20 a.m.: Grandparents' Chapel
Attend chapel with your MVNU student
- 11:15 a.m.: Lunch in the MVNU Dining Commons
- Afternoon: Self-guided campus tour, enjoy area activities
- 1:30 p.m.: Estate Planning Workshop
- Location: President Dining Room (lower level of Hyson Campus Center)
- Presenter: Dr. Donald Lain, Vice President of Gift Planning, Church of the Nazarene Foundation
- Program: Information about estate planning and the various strategies available that address your legacy gifts
- RSVP: Please RVSP for this workshop by calling 740-397-9000, ext. 4110; or emailing email@example.com
- 5:30 p.m.: Concert on the Lawn
- Location: Lawn in front of the R.R. Hodges Chapel
- Program: Featuring the MVNU jazz band, flute choir and wind ensemble
- 7 p.m. : MVNU Volleyball v. Spring Arbor
Classes are not canceled. Please talk with your student about their schedule for the day.
- 9 a.m.: Parent Breakfast, Foster Fall, Ariel Arena
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.: Lunch in the MVNU Dining Commons
- 1-5 p.m.: Residence Area Open House
- 4 p.m.: MVNU Womens Soccer v. Huntington University
- 4 p.m.: Dime-A-Dog at women's soccer match
A festival with all the fall favorites! The whole family is invited to enjoy dinner followed by outdoor fun with fresh kettle corn, live music, pumpkin carving, hayrides, and more.
- 4:30-7:30 p.m.: Dinner in MVNU Dining Commons.
- 6-10 p.m.: Oakwood Lawn Activities.
- 8 a.m. to noon: Attend an area church service
- 9:30 a.m.: Lakeholm Church of the Nazarene, 16001 Glen Road
- 9:30 or 11 a.m.: New Life Church of the Nazarene, 665 Harcourt Road
- 10:45 a.m.: First Church of the Nazarene, 807 Coshocton Ave.
- Other church information can be viewed at churchfinder.com
MVNU Main Campus
Open to Public:Yes
- Wendi Lahmon
- 740-397-9000 ext. 4602
- Student Life