Dr. Zachary Graber
- Associate Professor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, OH, 2018-present
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Pennsylvania, Phila., PA, 2015-2018
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kent State University, Kent, OH, 2010-2014
- Software Engineer, Online Development, Knoxville, TN, 2008-2010
- Biophysical Society
- Taylor Research Award, April 2014. Award for my work on “Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisophosphate ionization in the presence of cholesterol, calcium or magnesium ions”
- Kent State University Fellowship, April 2013
AWARDED: Graduate appointment for Spring 2014 semester with no service requirement
- Boehringer Ingelheim Stiftung Travel Grant, April 2013. Provided funds for the registration fee of the FEBS/EMBO 2013 Biomembranes Summer course in Cargèse, Corsica. Presented work on the “Physical chemistry of Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate-protein binding properties”
- Kent State University International Travel Grant, June 2013. Provided funds for travel to the FEBS/EMBO 2013 Biomembranes Summer Course in Cargèse, Corsica. Presented work on the “Physical chemistry of Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate-protein binding properties”
- Biophysical Society Education Travel Grant, February 2012. Provided funds for travel to the 56th annual Biophysical Society meeting in San Diego, CA. Presented work on the “Ionization properties of Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate in complex ternary lipid mixtures”
- "Soft Hyaluronic Gels Promote Cell Spreading, Stress Fibers, Focal Adhesion, and Membrane Tension by Phosphoinositide Signaling, Not Traction Force” published in ACS Nano and “Cell Membranes Resist Flow," co-author, published in Cell, 2019
- Graber, Z. T.*; Thomas, J.*; Johnson, E.; Gericke, A.; Kooijman, E. E., Effect of H-Bond Donor Lipids on Phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-Trisphosphate Ionization and Clustering. Biophysical journal, 2018, 114 (1), 126-136.
- Graber, Z. T.; Shi, Z.; Baumgart, T., Cations induce shape remodeling of negatively charged phospholipid membranes. Physical chemistry chemical physics, 2017, 19 (23), 15285-15295.
- Graber, Z. T.; Wang, W.; Singh, G.; Kuzmenko, I.; Vaknin, D.; Kooijman E. E., Competitive cation binding to phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate domains revealed by X-ray fluorescence. RSC Advances 5, 2015, 106536-106542.
- Graber, Z. T.; Gericke, A.; Kooijman, E. E., Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate ionization in the presence of cholesterol, calcium or magnesium ions. Chemistry and physics of lipids, 2014, 182, 62-72.
- Graber, Z. T.; Jiang, Z.; Gericke, A.; Kooijman, E. E., Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate ionization and domain formation in the presence of lipids with hydrogen bond donor capabilities. Chemistry and physics of lipids, 2012, 165 (6), 696-704.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
1 John 4:16
- Ph.D., Kent State University, Biochemistry
- B.S., Grantham University, Electronics Engineering Technology