Dr. Terry Kwon
Assistant Professor of Psychology
School of Natural and Social SciencesDirector of University Assessment
740-397-9000 Ext. 3703Email Dr. Kwon
- Director of University Assessment, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2022 – present
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2019 – present
- Adjunct Faculty, Ohio University, 2017 – present
- Adjunct Faculty, Columbus State Community College, 2017 – 2019
- Adjunct Faculty, Ashland University, 2017
- Postdoctoral Researcher, The Ohio State University, 2016
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Purdue University, 2015 – 2016
- Test Developer/Analyst, Financial Planning Standard Board, South Korea, 2008 – 2009
- Administrative Assistant, Seoul National University, South Korea, 2007– 2008
- Project Manager, Samsung Data System Inc., South Korea, 2004 – 2005
- Association for Institutional Research
- Member, Psi Chi (Psychology National Honor Society), 2020 – present
- Vision Sciences Society
- Society for Mathematical Psychology
Published Works & Presentations
- Palmer, E., Kwon, T., & Pizlo, Z. (2017). Using virtual reality to test the regularity priors used by the human visual system. SPIE Optical Engineering and Application, San Diego, California.
- Kwon, T., Agrawal, K. Li, Y., & Pizlo, Z. (2016). Spatially-global integration of closed, fragmented contours by finding the shortest-path in a log-polar representation, Vision Research. 126, 143-163.
- Kwon, T., Li, Y., Sawada, T., & Pizlo, Z. (2016). Gestalt-like constraints produce veridical (Euclidean) percepts of 3D indoor scenes, Vision Research. 126, 264-277.
- Li, Y., Sawada, T., Shi, Y., Kwon, T., & Pizlo, Z. (2011). A Bayesian model of binocular perception of 3D mirror symmetrical polyhedra, Journal of Vision. 11, 4, 1-20.
- Kwon, T. K. & Kim, C. (2007). On specifying scoring methods for multiple answer items based on item response theory. IMPS (International Meeting of the Psychometric Society), Tokyo.
- Ph.D, Purdue University, Psychological Sciences, 2015
- M.S, Purdue University, Psychological Sciences, 2012
- M.A. Seoul National University, Quantitative Psychology, 2007
- B.A, Seoul National University, Psychology, Cum Laude, 2004