Dr. Sharon Metcalfe
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Dr. Sharon Metcalfe, Professor of Education, Associate Dean for Education Programs, and Director of Teacher Education at Mount Vernon Nazarene University, has co-authored a chapter (Chapter 15 – Case Studies in Succession Planning for K12 Districts) in the book, “Succession Planning: Promoting Organizational Sustainability,” 2018, edited by P. A. Gordon and J. A. Overbey. Palgrave Macmillan publishers.
- Associate Dean for Education Programs — Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Graduate Education Department Chair — Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Associate Professor of Education — Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- High school biology and chemistry teaching (Brockton, Easton, and North Quincy High Schools, and Massapoag Alternative High School.)
- Adjunct teaching at Eastern Nazarene College: Math for college, Intro. to Chemistry, Intro. to Biology, Human Nutrition, Freshman Seminar
- Associate Director of Center for Academic Services; Coordinator of Supplemental Instruction program (Eastern Nazarene College)
- Director of Curriculum Resources and Development-Eastern Nazarene College LEAD Program as well as adjunct faculty member for LEAD Program.
- University of Phoenix Online: faculty, faculty mentor, Science Area Chair for College of Arts and Sciences
- AERA — American Educational Research Association
- ASCD Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Phi Delta Kappan
- Ohio Association of Teacher Education
- The International Christian Community for Teacher Education
- 2015-2016 Faculty of the Year Award Recipient
- 1993 Outstanding Teacher Award-Eastern Nazarene College
- Co-authored chapter 15 in "Case Studies in Succession Planning for K12 Districts," in the book, Succession Planning: Promoting Organizational Sustainability, 2018, edited by P. A. Gordon and J. A. Overbey. Palgrave Macmillan Publishers.
- Co-presenter with Stephen Metcalfe at Asuza Pacific University; The International Christian Community for Teacher Education biennial conference; May 2012
Topic: Rural Poverty Instruction: Ideas For Teacher Education;
- Presenter at Women’s Leadership Conference, MVNU, September 2012; October 2013
Topic: Leading with your Strengths.
- Presenter at AERA international conference, May 2013;
Topic: The Effect of Strengths Intervention on Pre-service Teacher Dispositions during the student teaching experience.
- Ed. D. Educational Leadership / Curriculum and Instruction, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona
- M.Ed. Secondary Education with emphasis in biology, Eastern Nazarene College, Quincy, Massachusetts
- B.S. in Biology, Eastern Nazarene College, Quincy, Massachusetts