Dr. Pheba George
Assistant Professor of Biological and Health Sciences; Coordinator for Health Services
- Ph.D. in Plant & Soil Sciences, Alabama A&M University
- M.S in Biology, Alabama A&M University
- B.S in Biology, Alabama A&M University
- Diploma in Medical and Dental Assistant, Georgia, USA
- Certificate in Medical Transcription, India
- Diploma in Computer Application, India
- Diploma in Air Travel Management, India
- Assistant Professor of Biological and Health Sciences, Co-ordinator of Health Sciences, MVNU, USA
- Instructor, CDI College, Canada
- Instructor/Facilitator, Columbia College, Canada
- Course Developer, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), Canada
- American Scientific Affiliation (ASA)
- Christian Women in Science (CWiS)
- Canadian Scientific and Christian Affiliation (CSCA)
- George, P., Sripathi, V. R., Nyaku, S. T., Sharma, G.C., and Kantety, R. V. "DNA-based identification of Lentinula edodes strains with species-specific primers" , African Journal of Biotechnology, pp. 191-198, 2016.
- George, P., Ranatunga, T. D., Reddy, S., and Sharma, G. C. “ A Comparative Analysis of Mineral Elements in the Mycelia and fruiting bodies of Shiitake Mushrooms”, American Journal of Food Technology, pp. 360-369, 2014.
- Seloame T. Nyaku, Venkateswara R. Sripathi, Ramesh V. Kantety, Sarah B. Cseke, Ramesh Buyyarapu,Robert Mc Ewan, Yong Q. Gu, Kathy Lawrence, Zachary Senwo, Padmini Sripathi, Pheba George,and Govind C. Sharma “Characterization of the reniform nematode genome byshotgun sequencing, pp.209-221, 2014. Article published in NRC Research Press.
- George, P., Ranatunga, T. D., Kantety, R., and Sharma, G. C. “Sequencing Lentinula edodes for characterization of Nutritional and Medicinal properties”. Poster presented as part of the 2nd Annual Conference of the American Council for Medicinally Active Plants, Huntsville, Alabama, July 17-20, 2011.
- George, P., Kantety, R., and Sharma, G. C. “Elemental Analysis of Fruiting Bodies of Shiitake, Oyster and Button Mushrooms”. Poster presented as part of the 2nd Annual Conference of the American Council for Medicinally Active Plants, Huntsville, Alabama, July 17-20, 2011.