- Educational Developer and Lecturer, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Educational Consultant/Professional Development (MA, MT)
- Teaching Associate, College of Education, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Visiting Senior Lecturer, Education Departments, Westfield State University, Westfield, MA
- Adjunct Professor, Valley City State University, Valley City, ND
- Program Supervisor, (Westfield State University; Valley City State University)
- Assistant Professor, and Chair (Education Department) Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
- 5th grade teacher, Harlem Elementary School, Harlem, MT
- 8th grade social studies, North Oldham Middle School, Goshen, KY
- Jr/Sr High LEP English teacher/Grant coordinator, Harlem Public Schools, Harlem, MT
- Supervising Teacher, K-8 North Harlem School (Hutterite Colony), Harlem, MT
- Physical Education Instructor, Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
- Substitute teacher (MT, WA)
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD)
- New England Faculty Development (NEFDC)
Awards and Recognitions:
- College of Education Fellowship (2-year fellowship)
- Nominee K Patricia Cross Future Leaders
- College Educator Vision Award
- Who’s Who Among American Educators
- Teacher Excellence Award
Published Works & Presentations:
- Vanasse, M. L., Lisi, B., & Shih, M.Y. (2020). Mining for Information: Reporting and Consulting Techniques for Formative Assessment, 45th Annual Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network Conference, Seattle, WA (online/remote).
- Vanasse, M. L. and Shih, M.Y. (2020). Implementing A Mid-Semester Assessment Process (MAP) In Your Course: Using Refection to Help Reduce Faculty and Student Anxiety, New England Faculty Development Consortium (NEFDC), 34, Summer/Fall.
- Lisi, B., & Vanasse, M. L. (2020). Pre-conference workshop: Mapping a Landscape of Opportunity: Removing Roadblocks in Faculty Development, Teaching Professor Conference, Atlanta, GA
- Vanasse, M. L., & Shih, M.Y. (2019). Workshop presentation: Using Reflective Consultation to Reduce Anxiety, New England Faculty Development Consortium (NEFDC), Landmark College, Putney, VT.
- Lisi, B., & Vanasse, M. L. (2019). Workshop presentation: Modeling Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Principles in Faculty Development Programming, Teaching Professor Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Multi-session/author paper: Evaluation of a PreK-12 Administrator Professional Development Program and its Effects on the Knowledge and Skills of Instructional Leaders. Accepted for presentation at the American Evaluation Association Conference, Atlanta, GA.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verses:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. (Proverbs 3: 5-6, ESV)
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning, nor knowledge, nor wisdow. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
I have been a long-time aerobics/fitness instructor
I love to spend time with my family – especially travelling to the Montana mountains and the New England coast.
I am a pastor’s wife who loves the local church and ministry.
I love to read and study about how to improve teaching and learning.
I enjoy cooking and reaping the rewards of my work.