Dr. Mark Shoaf
Professor of Management
- Professor of Business, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, July, 1996 to present.
- Director of Plans and Programs A5 Ohio Air National Guard 2012 - 2015
- Executive Officer to the Ohio Air National Guard Chief of Staff November 2011 to 2012
- Inspector General, Ohio Air National Guard 2006 – 2012
- Commander 178 Services Flight, Ohio Air National Guard
- Civil Engineering Readiness Officer, United States Air Force Reserve, 1989 to 2000
- Owner/operator of small construction business, January, 1996 to June, 1996.
- Production Supervisor, Guardian Glass, March, 1994 to November, 1994.
- Area Manager, Wyandot, Inc., March, 1992 to March, 1994.
- Production Supervisor, Dial Corporation, March, 1990 to March, 1992.
- United States Air Force, October, 1981 to August, 1989.
- National Guard Officers Association
- Christian Business Faculty Association
- Reserve Officers Association
- Morrow County Job Training Board member
- Golden Hammer Award for Habitat for Humanity
- Air Force Meritorious Service Medal 2 Oak leaf clusters
- Several Adult and Graduate Studies group instructor awards
- Leading people or leading tasks: A study of mentoring and consideration-structure orientation of line officers in the Ohio Air National Guard (Capella University dissertation, 2006)
- Shoaf, M., Britt, M. & Parks, T., (2009) Mentoring and Leadership: How Different are They?, The Leadership & Organization Management Journal, 3, 37-4
- Presented Mentoring and Leadership: How Different are They? At the 2009 American Society of Business and Behavior Science conference.
- Presented, Lessons From the Base: Applications of Military Values to the Christian College Classroom, At the 2011 Christian Business Faculty Association annual conference.
- Ph.D. in Business Leadership at The Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota (2006)
- M.B.A. in Executive Management, Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio (1995)
- B.S. in Industrial Management, Kansas Newman College, Wichita, Kansas (1988)
- A.S. in Applied Science Community College of The Air Force, Montgomery, Alabama (1987)
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Butler County Community College, Butler, Pennsylvania (1987)