Dr. Lynn Shoemaker
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio (May 6, 2022) — Mount Vernon Nazarene University celebrated 533 graduates in the Class of 2022 for their determination, resolve and faithfulness in earning their degrees during the university’s commencement ceremonies in the R.R. Hodges Chapel/Auditorium on Saturday, April 30, 2022.
- 2003 - 2010 Elementary principal for Danville Local Schools
- 2010 - 2011 Middle School Principal for Danville Local Schools
- 1997 - 2000 Special Education Coordinator for Knox County
- 2000 - 2001 Special Education Coordinator for East Knox Local Schools
- 2001 - 2003 Delivered Grant services to the CRC (Children's Resource Center) in Knox County
- 1986 - 1997 Classroom teacher for Danville Local Schools in special education, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 6th grade
- 1986: Special Education teacher, Newark City Schools
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Ohio Association of Elementary Administrators
- National Down Syndrome Congress
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio
- GPS Outstanding Faculty Award: MVNU Spring 2011-2015
- Presented at Home School Association: ADHD and pupil organization strategies.
- NWSS (Northwest Science Symposium) Bowling Green State University. Universal Design for Learning.
- Knox County Parent Mentor Association: ADHD, IEP documents and parent school relationships.
- Doctorate in Special Education, Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- MAEd in Elementary Administration, Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio
- B.S. in Elementary Education/Special Education, Malone University, Canton, Ohio