Dr. LeeAnn Couts
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio (Sept. 9, 2022) —As Intel officially breaks ground on new fabrication facilities in Central Ohio, Mount Vernon Nazarene University announces two partnerships that will prepare faculty to teach new skills and expose students to real-life experiences in semiconductor and semiconductor-related manufacturing.
- Dean, School of Natural and Social Sciences, 2017 to present
- Associate Professor of Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, August 2008 to present
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, August 2006 to July 2008
- Research Associate in Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, November 1999 to September 2004
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, November 1996 to October 1999
- Graduate Teaching Assistant in Psychology, Ohio State University, September 1993 to June 1994
- Graduate Research Assistant in Psychology, Ohio State University, September 1990 to October 1996
- Society for Neuroscience
- American Scientific Affiliation
- National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD) Young Investigator Award, 2004-2006
- Postdoctoral Trainee, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Individual National Research Service Award (NRSA), 1998-1999
- Postdoctoral Trainee, NIMH Training Grant in Psychiatric Disorders, 1996-1998
- Travel Fellowships: 1997, Gordon Research Conference on Catecholamines (Andover, NH); 1998, Center for Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh (CNUP) for Dopamine 98 (Strasbourg, France)
- Predoctoral Trainee, NIMH Training Grant in Neuropharmacology, 1995-1996
- Co-presented with professor Deborah Smith, a session at the Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics (OCTM)) on October 25, entitled “An Integrated Approach to Calculus I”.
- Miner LAH, Jedema HP, Moore FW, Blakely RD, Grace AA, Sesack SR (2006). Chronic stress increases the plasmalemmal distribution of the norepinephrine transporter and the co-expression of tyrosine hydroxylase in norepinephrine axons in the prefrontal cortex. Journal of Neuroscience 26: 1571-1578.
- Sesack SR, Miner LAH, Omelchenko N (2006). Preembedding immunoelectron microscopy: Applications for studies of the nervous system. In Neuroanatomical Tract-tracing 3: Molecules - Neurons - Systems, eds. L Zaborsky, FG Wouterlood, JL Lanciego. New York: Plenum Publishing Company, pp. 6-71.
- Liprando LL, Miner LAH, Blakely RD, Lewis DA, Sesack SR (2004). Ultrastructural interactions between terminals expressing the norepinephrine transporter and dopamine neurons in the rat and monkey ventral tegmental area. Synapse 52: 233-244.
- Miner LAH, Schroeter S, Blakely RD, Sesack SR (2003). Ultrastructural localization of the norepinephrine transporter in superficial and deep layers of the rat prelimbic prefrontal cortex and its spatial relationship to probable dopamine terminals. Journal of Comparative Neurology 466: 478-494.
- Miner LAH, Schroeter S, Blakely RD, Sesack SR (2000). Ultrastructural localization of the serotonin transporter in superficial and deep layers of the rat prelimbic prefrontal cortex and its spatial relationship to dopamine terminals. Journal of Comparative Neurology 427: 220-234.
- Ph.D. in Psychobiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (1996)
- M.A. in Psychobiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (1993)
- B.S. in Psychology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (1990)