Dr. Kevin Hughes
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Mount Vernon Nazarene University faculty and staff members were honored for their years of service at the annual University Dinner on Monday, Aug. 20, with highlights of the university’s 50th anniversary. During the event, President Henry W. Spaulding II, Ph.D. reminded attendees that going into the new academic year, “we have reason to hope.”
- Dean, School of Graduate and Professional Studies 2016 - 2018
- Associate Dean, Jetter School of Business 2012 – 2016
- Professor of Management, 1999-present
- Chair, Graduate Business Department, 2008-2012
- MBA Program Coordinator, 2005 – 2008
- Adult and Graduate Studies Student Financial Coordinator 1995-1999
- Assistant Director, Student Financial Aid 1993-1995
- College Admissions Counselor 1988-1993
- Christian Business Faculty Association (serves on the CBFA Board of Directors as the Program Chair)
- North Central Ohio Nazarene Missions International (Serves on NMI council and the Executive Committee)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- The Gideons International
Awards and Recognitions
- 2019 recipient of the Chewning Award, bestowed by the CBFA to perpetuate the passion and commitment toward integration of personal faith and business as modeled by its first recipient, Dr. Richard C. Chewning.
- 2015 recipient of the Barnabas Award, bestowed by the CBFA in recognition of service to and leadership of the CBFA.
- Outstanding Faculty Award MVNU 2001-2006, 2010, 2013
- Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration, nominated 2003.
- Phi Delta Lambda National Honor Society of Nazarene Colleges and Universities, inducted 2003.
Published Works & Presentations
- "Empowering Students to Shape the Future" presentation at the Christian Business Faculty Association conference 2022.
- “Ethics, Moral Philosophies and Values” presentation at the Estate Planning and Business Ethics Seminar sponsored by First-Knox National Bank (2017).
- Lights, Camera, Action: Making the Program Director’s Cut. A workshop presentation with Lenie Holbrook (Ohio University) and John Duncan (Anderson University SC) at the Christian Business Faculty Association conference (2017).
- "Ethics, Moral Philosophies and Values" presentation at the Estate Planning and Business Ethics Seminar sponsored by First-Know National Bank (2015)
- “Using 'Poverty Cure' as a Faith Integration Component of an International Business Course: A Best Practice Presentation” presented at the Christian Business Faculty Association conference (2015).
- “Hosting a CBFA Conference” workshop presentation with Jim Dalton (MVNU) and Julia Underwood (Azusa Pacific University) at the Christian Business Faculty Association conference (October 2015).
- Ph.D. in Organization and Management from Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota (2003)
- M.A. in Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona (1999)
- B.A. in Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio (1987)