Dr. John Packard
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Mount Vernon Nazarene University will present the 53rd annual performance of G. F. Handel’s “Messiah” on Sunday, Dec. 5, at 7 p.m., in the R.R. Hodges Chapel/Auditorium on the MVNU campus. Tickets are $5 per person or $20 per family and can be purchased at the door or in advance at www.mvnu.edu/music.
- Associate Professor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mt. Vernon, OH, 2004-present.
- Instructor, Front Range Community College, Ft. Collins, CO, 2002.
- Teaching Assistant, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO, 1998-2000.
- Directed the Knox County Middle School Honor Band, Nov. 2018.
- Guest Soloist, Knox County Symphony Concert, performance of Arutunian’s Trumpet Concerto, October 2010.
- Guest Conductor, 2009 Tri-County Honors Band, Hosted by the College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, February 2009.
- Guest Conductor, 21st Annual Ohio Private College Instrumental Conductors Association Honor Band Festival, The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, January 2008, 2010.
- Guest Conductor, Kenyon College Winter Symphonic Wind Ensemble Concert, Kenyon College, December 2009.
- Guest Conductor, “The Witch and the Saint” Concert Finale, Joint concert with the MVNU Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Mount Gilead High School Band, Mount Gilead, OH, May 2008.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University Choral Union, Mt. Vernon, OH, 2005-present. Annual performances of Handel’s Messiah.
- Springfield Symphony Orchestra, Springfield, OH, 2004-2007. Substitute and extra list.
- 2004 International Trumpet Guild National Conference. “Festival of Trumpets” Concert, Denver, CO, May 2004. Performer.
- Clinician, BLAST Instrumental Solo and Ensemble Masterclass, Mount Vernon, OH, June 2009-2011.
- Adjudicator/Clinician, 2009 Lakewood High School Band Contest, Lakewood, OH, March 2009.
- Clinician, Worthington Christian Middle School, Worthington, OH, March 2009.
- Adjudicator, Olentangy Middle School Solo & Ensemble Contest, Powell, OH, 2007-2008, 2011.
- Clinician, Danville Arts Festival, Danville, OH, April 2006, 2007.
- Event Host, 23rd Annual Ohio Private College Instrumental Conductors Association Honor Band Festival, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, OH, January 2010.
- Event Host and HS Coordinator, Ohio Music Educators Association District 10 High School and Middle School Honor Band, Mount Vernon, OH, 2007-present.
- Event Host, Miami University’s Global Rhythms, MVNU Lecture-Artist Series, Mount Vernon, OH, April 2009 and October 2009.
- Doctor of Arts, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado (2008)
- Master of Music, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado (1999)
- Bachelor of Music, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois (1996)