Dr. John Packard
In The News
MOUNT VERNON — Dr. LeeAnn Couts was named Faculty Member of the Year, while Jared Sponseller was tapped as Staff Member of the Year during Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s annual University Dinner, Monday, Aug. 26.
- Associate Professor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mt. Vernon, OH, 2004-present.
- Instructor, Front Range Community College, Ft. Collins, CO, 2002.
- Teaching Assistant, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO, 1998-2000.
- Directed the Knox County Middle School Honor Band, Nov. 2018.
- Guest Soloist, Knox County Symphony Concert, performance of Arutunian’s Trumpet Concerto, October 2010.
- Guest Conductor, 2009 Tri-County Honors Band, Hosted by the College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, February 2009.
- Guest Conductor, 21st Annual Ohio Private College Instrumental Conductors Association Honor Band Festival, The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, January 2008, 2010.
- Guest Conductor, Kenyon College Winter Symphonic Wind Ensemble Concert, Kenyon College, December 2009.
- Guest Conductor, “The Witch and the Saint” Concert Finale, Joint concert with the MVNU Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Mount Gilead High School Band, Mount Gilead, OH, May 2008.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University Choral Union, Mt. Vernon, OH, 2005-present. Annual performances of Handel’s Messiah.
- Springfield Symphony Orchestra, Springfield, OH, 2004-2007. Substitute and extra list.
- 2004 International Trumpet Guild National Conference. “Festival of Trumpets” Concert, Denver, CO, May 2004. Performer.
- Clinician, BLAST Instrumental Solo and Ensemble Masterclass, Mount Vernon, OH, June 2009-2011.
- Adjudicator/Clinician, 2009 Lakewood High School Band Contest, Lakewood, OH, March 2009.
- Clinician, Worthington Christian Middle School, Worthington, OH, March 2009.
- Adjudicator, Olentangy Middle School Solo & Ensemble Contest, Powell, OH, 2007-2008, 2011.
- Clinician, Danville Arts Festival, Danville, OH, April 2006, 2007.
- Event Host, 23rd Annual Ohio Private College Instrumental Conductors Association Honor Band Festival, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, OH, January 2010.
- Event Host and HS Coordinator, Ohio Music Educators Association District 10 High School and Middle School Honor Band, Mount Vernon, OH, 2007-present.
- Event Host, Miami University’s Global Rhythms, MVNU Lecture-Artist Series, Mount Vernon, OH, April 2009 and October 2009.
- Doctor of Arts, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado (2008)
- Master of Music, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado (1999)
- Bachelor of Music, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois (1996)