Dr. John Noonan
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Faculty and staff members at Mount Vernon Nazarene University were honored for their years of service at the annual University Dinner on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017. During the event, President Henry Spaulding reminded attendees that as the new academic school year begins, administration, faculty, and staff have “good work to do and that we have done good work together.”
- Chairperson, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, 2001-present.
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, 2001-present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, 1997-2001.
- Teaching Assistant, Temple University, 1996-1997.
- Instructor, Department of Mathematics, Community College of Philadelphia, 1996-1997.
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Mathematics, Temple University 1992-1995.
- Instructor, Russell Conwell Center at Temple University, 1993.
- American Mathematical Society, 1992-1997
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 1994-1997
- SIAM activity group on discrete mathematics, 1994-1997
- Mathematical Association of America, since 1995
- Honors in Mathematics, Houghton College, 1991
- Teaching Merit, Temple University Department of Mathematics, 1995 and 1996
- "How the Government Shutdown Derailed My Plans for a Series of Introduction to Statistics Projects and How I got the Projects Back on Track,” Mathematics Association of America, Cincinnati, 2019
- "Developmental Mathematics Labs," MAA Ohio Section Meeting, Portsmouth, Ohio, April 13, 2007
- "How to mix the perfect Latt," ACMS Biennial Conference, Messiah College, May 30, 2007
- "Developmental Mathematics Labs," ACMS Biennial Conference, Messiah College, May 31, 2007
- "How to ride a Unicycle," Mathematics Association of America Ohio Section Conference, April 11, 2008 at Marietta College
- "Solutions to a generalization of the mixture problem from differential equations," Mathfest, Mathematics Association of America, August 7, 2010 at the Omni Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh, PA
- Ph.D. Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1997)
- B.A. in Mathematics, Houghton College, Caneadea, New York (1991)