Prof. John Donnelly
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio (Feb. 16, 2022) — John Donnelly, Professor of Art at Mount Vernon Nazarene University, has 18 abstract paintings and drawings on display at Art Access Gallery in Bexley, Ohio. The exhibit runs through April 8. There will be a reception, open to the public on Friday, Feb.18, from 5-7 p.m.
- Professor of Art, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1989 to present
- Art Teacher, Franklin County Board of MR/DD, 1988-89
- Associate Instructor of Art, Indiana University, 1984-85
- Ohio Art League
- National College Art Association
- Co-exhibited at Art Access Gallery in Bexley, Ohio. The three-person exhibit, "It's All Abstract," includes artists Alan Crockett and Sharon Dougherty.
- Co-exhibited with Professor Karen Snouffer (Kenyon College) "Between Worlds" at the Denison Artspace, Newark, OH, 2019
- "Koltur Green" chosen by a panel of jurors for the Art for Life auction at the Columbus Museum of Art, benefiting HIV and AIDS research, 2018
- Completed painting a third mural for the Knox County Landmark Foundation, the "Mount Vernon Industry Mural" at Mulberry and Ohio streets, Mount Vernon, OH, 2018
- Exhibited "Chasing Faroe: Knockn' on Heaven's Door," at the FAVA Gallery in Oberlin, Ohio, 2018
- Four paintings from the Clipperton Project sabbatical residency were published (Faroe Islands, 2015) to accompany translations of Faroese poetry in the Cagibi Literary Journal: Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, translated by Matthew Landrum - Cagibi Literary Journal, 2018
- Exhibited "Faroe Islands" paintings at Shremshock Architect Gallery, New Albany, OH 2018.
- Still Chasing Faroe, an installation of 300 paintings and drawings was exhibited in OH+5, 2018 Ohio Border 11th Biennial Exhibition juried competition.
- Award for Painting, Twelfth Biennial Liturgical Art Guild Exhibit, Schumacher Gallery, Columbus, OH, 1991
- Jean Lamb Hall Award For Painting, 79th Annual Ohio Art League Exhibit, Columbus Museum of Art, 1989
- Award for Best Painting, Columbus Museum of Art, 1987
- Faculty Research Grant, "Icon Imaging," Mount Vernon Nazarene College, 1997
- "Flesh and Blood" compact disc: Comissioned artwork for cover and insert, 1997
- Dublin Arts Council Gallery, one person show, 1998
- Blue Cosmos Design Corporation, one person show, 1998
- Lilly Grant for Painting and Drawing, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, 1991
- MFA in Painting and Drawing, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana (1985)
- BFA in Painting and Drawing, Tyler School of Art, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1981)