Dr. Jim Dalton
In The News
MOUNT VERNON — As businesses increase utilization of data analysis in decision-making processes, Mount Vernon Nazarene University is now offering new concentrations to its Master of Business Administration program that will prepare graduates for specialized expertise including Business Data Analytics.
- Professor of Business, 1997 to present. Served as Assistant Professor of Accounting and Business Administration from 1981-86, 1988-91.
- Owner/Partner: MDS CPA Review Course 1999-present
- Church and School Administrator, Grove City Church of the Nazarene, 1991 to 1997.
- Treasurer, Grove City Church of the Nazarene 1991-present
- Instructor, Becker CPA Review Course, 1988 to 1999.
- Business Manager, Chardon Laboratories Inc., 1986 to 1988.
- Owner, James D. Dalton, CPA, 1984-86.
- Controller, Mid-America Nazarene College, 1978-1981.
- Controller, Management Decisions Development Corp, 1977-78.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Richard C. Chewning Award recipient, recognizing passion and commitment toward integration of personal faith and business, Christian Business Faculty Association, 2018
- Graduate and Professional Studies Faculty member of the year – May 2004
- Alumni Medallion Award at MVNC-1998
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, MVNC, 1985
- Excellence in Teaching Award (Becker CPA Review), 1988-97
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1977
- Student Body President, MVNC, 1977
- MDS CPA Review-Financial (Co-Author)
- MDS CPA Review-Reporting (Co-Author)
- MDS CPA Review – Business Environment
- "Church Financial Workshop," MVNC, 1994 to present.
- E.D. in Adult Education, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (1994)
- M.A. in Accounting, State of Ohio Avila College, Kansas City, Missouri (1981)
- B.A. in Management, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, Mount Vernon, Ohio (1977)