Dr. Eric Vail
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Faculty and staff members at Mount Vernon Nazarene University were honored for their years of service at the annual University Dinner on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017. During the event, President Henry Spaulding reminded attendees that as the new academic school year begins, administration, faculty, and staff have “good work to do and that we have done good work together.”
- 2015-present: Associate Professor of Theology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- 2012-2015: Assistant Professor of Theology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- 2011: Ordained Elder, Kansas City District, Church of the Nazarene
- 2010-2012: Pastor, First Church of the Nazarene, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Fall 2011, 2012: Adjunct, Nazarene Theological Seminary
- Spring 2012: Adjunct, Northwest Nazarene University
- 2009-2010: Lecturer, Marquette University
- Wesleyan Theological Society
- "Creation Out of Nothing Remodeled" in Theologies of Creation: Creatio Ex Nihilo and Its New Rivals edited by Thomas Jay Oord (Routledge Press, 2014).
- "God in Christ and Creation's Salvation." 49th Annual Meeting of the Wesleyan Theological Society, Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, Idaho, March 7-8, 2014.
- "The Holiness Foundation of Mission," Didache: Faithful Teaching (July, 2013)
- "Robust Conversation and Collective Discernment," Nazarenes Exploring Evolution (July 1, 2013)
- Creation and Chaos Talk: Charting a Way Forward; Princeton Theological Monograph Series 185. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2012.
- Ph.D. in Religious Studies: Systematic Theology, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- M.Div. Nazarene Theological Seminary, Kansas City, Missouri
- B.A. in Philosophy, Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, Idaho