Dr. Elizabeth Napier
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Faculty and staff members at Mount Vernon Nazarene University were honored for their years of service at the annual University Dinner on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017. During the event, President Henry Spaulding reminded attendees that as the new academic school year begins, administration, faculty, and staff have “good work to do and that we have done good work together.”
- Director of Teacher Education & Clinical Experiences, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, OH, 2019-present
- Associate Professor of Education, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, OH, 2010-present
- University Supervisor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, OH, 2007-present
- NCATE/CAEP Accrediation Coordinator, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, OH, 2010-2015
- Gifted Intervention Specialist K-9, Coshocton City School District, OH, 2002-2007
- Faculty Panel Reviewer, MCE Program Review Team, Ohio Department of Higher Education, Columbus Ohio, 2020-present
- Committee Member, Education Preparation Program Review (EPPR), Ohio Department of Higher Education, Columbus Ohio, 2019-2021
Awards and Recognitions
- MVNU Education Department University Supervisor of the Year, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2018-2019
- MVNU Education Department Instructor of the Year, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2017-2018
Published Works & Presentations
- Synchronous Mentor Teacher Orientation, Mount Vernon, Ohio 2020. Retrieved from https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QskhKJSP4G28bS7bROMK1tQ24i9R-56cD-KVWATMvCY/edit?usp=sharing
- Napier, E. J. (2019). Issues that Prevent Students of Color from Majoring in Teacher Education. Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/openview/3082a8463f3d9654a520b5489a2cd0af/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=18750&diss=y or via Google Scholar https://scholarworks.waldenu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8448&context=dissertations
- Student Learning Outcome 5.0 Data Analysis for General Education Committee, Mount Vernon, Ohio 2018. Retrieved from https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v7e24IuWbjDupbZT57sbjDys1Xsr4fpGdSrnAzzTe0A/edit?usp=sharing
- 5 in 25: Balancing Technology Tools and Research-Based Strategies that Enhance Student Participation in Online and Face-to-Face Instruction, Faculty Development Day, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mt. Vernon, Ohio 2015.
- 2015 Accreditation Overview from 2015 Onsite Accreditation Visit, Mount Vernon Nazarene University Faculty and Staff Chapel, Mount Vernon, Ohio 2015.
- Teaching Students with Two Exceptionalities: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder & Gifted Muskingum University, New Concord, Ohio 2006.
- Ed.D., Walden University (2019)
- M.A. in Education Intervention Specialist: Gifted/Talented, Muskingum College, New Concord, Ohio (2006)
- B.S. in Education Middle Childhood Education (4-9), Ohio University, Athens, Ohio (2002)