Dr. Colleen Bryan
Professor of Psychology
School of Natural and Social Sciences
740-392-6868 Ext. 3707Email Dr. Bryan
In The News
Couts, Sponseller, others honored by MVNU
MOUNT VERNON — Dr. LeeAnn Couts was named Faculty Member of the Year, while Jared Sponseller was tapped as Staff Member of the Year during Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s annual University Dinner, Monday, Aug. 26.
- Professor of Psychology, August 2009 – present
- Associate Professor of Psychology, 2002 – 2009
- Associate Professor of Psychology, Assistant Professor of Psychology, September, 1989-2002. (Promoted from Instructor to Assistant Professor effective August 1993.
- Director of Counseling, Northwest Nazarene College, August, 1987 to July, 1989.
- Resident Director, Northwest Nazarene College, August, 1987 to July 1989.
- Independent Consultant, MAXIMUS, Inc., September, 1981 to August, 1987.
- Member, Psi Chi (Psychology National Honor Society), 2004 – present
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA), June 1998 – May 2005
- Member, American Psychological Society (APS), September 1998 – August 2002
- Member, American Counseling Association (ACA), 1987 - 2004; included membership in American College Counseling Association (ACCA), 1992 - 1998
- Charter Member, American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), 1994 - 2004
- "Conflict Resolution and Basic Counseling Skills," lecture for Pastoral Care of Children and Youth class, MVNC, May, 1997; May, 1998.
- "Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention," lecture for Social Work course, MVNC, November, 1996.
- "Intra- and Interdepartmental Communication in the Workplace," workshop for MVNC faculty and staff; co-facilitated with Dr. Randy Cronk, March, 1997.
- "Nonverbal Communication," workshop for Enerezan staff, MVNC, October, 1995.
- "Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention," lecture for Leadership Skills class, MVNC, March, 1993 to March, 1997.
- Ph.D. Organizational Psychology (2009)
- M.Ed. in Counseling and Development, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia (1987)
- B.A. in Social Work, Eastern Nazarene College, Quincy, Massachusetts (1980)