Dr. Carrie Beal
Professor of Biology
School of Natural and Social SciencesProfessor of Biology
740-392-6868 Ext. 3206Email Dr. Beal
In The News
MVNU Employees Recognized for Service
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Faculty and staff members at Mount Vernon Nazarene University were honored for their years of service at the annual University Dinner on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017. During the event, President Henry Spaulding reminded attendees that as the new academic school year begins, administration, faculty, and staff have “good work to do and that we have done good work together.”
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio, Assistant Professor of Biology, 2007-present
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, Post-doctoral research fellow, 2006-2007
- Ashland Chemical, Ashland, Ohio, Research Specialist, Division of Specialty Polymers & Adhesives, 1996-2001
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP)
- Central Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (CAAHP)
- NAAHP Travel Award - 2014
- Kilgore, NE, Ford, ML, Margot, CD, Jones, DS, Reichardt, P, and Evavold, BD. 2004. Defining the parameters necessary for T cell recognition of ligands that vary in potency. Immunological Research. 29(1-3): 29-40. Review.
- Margot, CD, Ford, ML, and Evavold, BD. 2005. Amelioration of established EAE by an MHC anchor substituted variant of PLP 139-151. The Journal of Immunology. 174(6): 3352-3358.
- Wasserman, HA*, Beal, CD*, Zhang, Y, Jiang, N, Zhu, C, and Evavold, BD. 2008. MHC variant peptide-mediated anergy of encephalitogenic T cells requires SHP-1. The Journal of Immunology. 181(10): 6843.
- Jiang, N, Huang, J, Edwards, LJ, Liu, B, Zhang, Y, Beal, CD, Evavold, BD, Zhu, C. 2011. Two-stage Cooperative T Cell Receptor-Peptide Major Histocompatibility Complex-CD8 Trimolecular Interactions Amplify Antigen Discrimination. Immunity. 34(1): 13-23.
- Beal, CD and Singletary, JM. 2012. Religious and cultural issues for pre-health professionals. Oral Presentation. National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions national meeting. Baltimore, Maryland, June 20-24th, 2012.
- Ph.D. Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (2006)
- B.S. Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio (1999)