Dr. Binyang Hou
Associate Professor of Physics
- 2017-present Associate Professor of Physics, Department of Chemistry and Physical Science
- 2016-2017 Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
- 2014-2016 Postdoctoral Researcher, High Pressure Collaborative Access Team, Carnegie Institute of Washington, Argonne, IL
- 2011-2013 Joint Postdoc Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, Germany and European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble, France
- American Scientific Affiliation
Published Works & Presentations:
- “Formation of Oriented Polar Crystals in Bulk Poly (vinylidene fluoride)/High-Aspect-Ratio Organoclay Nanocomposites” published in Langmuir and “Correction: Surface induced smectic order in ionic liquids–an X-ray reflectivity study of [C22C1im]+[NTf2]− ” co-author in Physical Chemistry, 2019
- Zinc Adsorption and Hydration Structures at Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Surfaces, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 121 (39), 21305-21310 (2017), B. Hou, T. Kim, S. Kim, C. Park, C.B. Bahn, J. Kim, S. Hong, and J.H. Kim., 2017
- Surface induced smectic order in ionic liquids–an X-ray reflectivity study of [C 22 C 1 im]+[NTf 2]?, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19: 26651, by J Mars, B Hou, H Weiss, H Li, O Konovalov, S Festersen, BM Murphy, U Rütt, M Bier and M Mezger, 2017.
- Orientation Dependent Hydration Structures at Yttria-Stabilized Cubic Zirconia Surfaces, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 120 (51), 29089-29097 (2016), B. Hou, S. Kim, T. Kim, C. Park, C.B. Bahn, J. Kim, S. Hong, S.Y. Lee, and J.H. Kim.
- Topological Dirac line nodes and superconductivity coexist in SnSe at high pressure, Physical Review B 96: 165123, by X Chen, P Lu, X Wang, Y Zhou, C An, Y Zhou, C Xian, H Gao, Z Guo, C Park, B Hou, K Peng, X Zhou, J Sun, Y Xiong, Z Yang, D Xing and Y Zhang, 2017
- The Hydration Structure at Yttria-Stabilized Cubic Zirconia (110)-Water Interface with Sub-Ångström Resolution, Scientific Reports, 6 (27916) 1-8, doi: 10.1038/srep27916 (2016), B. Hou, S. Kim, T. Kim, J. Kim, S. Hong, C.B. Bahn, C. Park, and J.H. Kim.
- Ion Distributions at Electrified Water-Organic Interfaces: PB-PMF Calculations and Impedance Spectroscopy Measurements, J. Electrochem. Soc. 162 (12) H890-H897 (2015), B. Hou, W. Bu, G. Luo, P. Vanysek, and M. L. Schlossman.
- Ion Distributions at Water/1,2-dichloroethane Interface: Potential of Mean Force Approach to analyzing X-ray Reflectivity and Interfacial Tensions Measurements. J. Phys. Chem. B 117,5365-5378 (2013), B. Hou, N. Laanait, H. Yu, W. Bu, J. Yoon, B. Lin, M. Meron,G. Luo, P. Vanýsek, and M.L.Schlossman.
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- M.S. in Physics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- B.S. in Material Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China