Discrimination: Discrimination is based on inequitable treatment of individuals. The University prohibits discrimination of its employees or students that is related to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or military service. Title IX covers sexual discrimination at the link above.
Harassment: Harassment includes, but is not limited to, any conduct that a recipient feels is offensive, unwelcome, demeaning, rude, or threatening. This conduct can:
- take the form of slurs, jokes, bullying, cyber bullying, or stalking;
- be verbal, graphic, or physical;
- be directed at employees or students;
- occur in peer-to-peer or hierarchical relationships; and/or
- be perpetrated by employees, students or non-employees.
Title IX addresses sexual harassment at link above and also under "Documents" below.
Violence: The University prohibits violence of any sort against any of its members. Title IX addresses sexual violence at link above.