As we strive to be a resource center for the Church of the Nazarene in the East Central Region, we believe the following online tools can assist you in the coming weeks to maintain your church community and continue the work of God’s Kingdom.
- Nearly two decades ago Stewardship Technology was created to serve local churches with their online giving needs. Today, Stewardship Technologies is directed and led by an MVNU alumnus. Their All-in-One Donation Management Platform combines unlimited online and mobile gift forms, text-to-give, tuition payments, crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising, event registration, donor data, and analytics into one cloud-based platform. All the tools you need to fund your mission, from one company, in one place, securely.
Currently, Stewardship is offering its platform free for first time churches (new clients) who sign up for online giving through the end of the year. There are no start-up, monthly, or PCI fees. Transaction costs will incur (which donors can cover if they so choose). If you are a church that is interested, please email email@example.com or fill out their contact us page on their website for further details.
- Small group resources such as Tips for Leading a Successful Small Group and study guides for groups of all demographics are available at The Foundry Publishing (formerly Nazarene Publishing House). Free for 3 weeks from date of subscription.
- RightNow Media provides access to study materials that can be used to create discussion and dialogue. Materials are available for spiritual growth as well as men’s and women’s small groups. Note: Content from this provider can be modified and filtered to meet Wesleyan-Holiness theology needs. (Subscription Service)
- To help remove the barriers of social distancing, Zoom, is a tool that will allow your small group to meet virtually and continue to build your relationships and grow as disciples.
- For those wanting to stay connected as time allows rather than a specific time, GroupMe serves as a free group messaging service that works on every platform.
- Resources for adult studies are available at The Foundry Publishing (formerly Nazarene Publishing House), and can be adapted for remote ministry. From curriculum to spiritual formation, these digital assets will assist your effort to keep your congregation engaged and fulfilled. (Free for 3 weeks from date of subscription.)
- Whether you are looking for topics to discuss on recorded video messaging, live opportunities through social media or live streaming, RightNow Media is an extensive digital library available right at your fingertips. Note: Content from this provider can be modified and filtered to meet Wesleyan-Holiness theology needs. (Subscription Service)
- RightNow Media offers an expansive library of Bible-based videos for children as well as families with easy-to-browse categories and topics. Note: Content from this provider can be modified and filtered to meet Wesleyan-Holiness theology needs. (Subscription Service)
Another free messaging service is WhatsApp, which works on all platforms and allows users to work from their phone or computer to continue seamlessly continue conversations with ease.
- Watch Rev. Brad Kochis, MVNU's executive director of alumni relations and development and Rev. Jim Rose, pastor of urban outreach and congregational care at the Refinery Church in Columbus, Ohio present and discuss some creative ideas.
- Here are some great resources for Special Needs Ministry from our friends at Wonderful Works.