Campus Ministries - Mission M2540
M2540 is a campus wide initiative based on Matthew 25:40 where we understand our call to be engaged with the “least of these” in our local community, our educational region, the United States and in select settings outside of the United States. The initiative is framed by commitments within the areas of Education, Technology, Micro-enterprise/micro-finance and Compassion.
Local Literacy Initiative: Columbia Elementary School
- collect books for Columbia School in a fall and spring book drive
- place reading mentors in K-3 classrooms who will work with students identified as at risk of literacy failure
- develop a summer reading enrichment program staffed by MVNU students
One Heart Many Hands
- Work on home-based repair projects that improve the quality of life for families in Mount Vernon and select cities on our educational region. This summer we will return to Franklinton, Columbus.
- In addition to home based projects, through OHMH we will identify partners to serve with in community centers, parks and schools while building relationships with the people we serve and serve with in select cities on our region
- Partner with OHMH in Orlando, Florida during Spring Break
- Collect funds for our scholarship program that assists Belizean children to attend primary and high school in Belize. For $35 a year we can pay the fees for a child to attend school.
- Travel to Belize during January term or summer service experiences
- Recruit individuals with construction skills to expand classroom space in select schools in Belize
- Enhance technological capacity in schools by getting computers to schools in Belize
Haiti: Heart to Heart International
For more information contact Joe Noonen, email@example.com, or Catie Hayes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raise funds to assist in building clinics in villages
- Travel to Haiti to serve with Heart to Heart in Port Au Prince and villages where individuals are relocating