|MVNU Home / Campus Services / Health Services |
Office location and hours
| After hours
| Meet our staff
| Services provided
| Menningitis information (PDF)
| Medical history form (PDF)
Residential students receive supplemental health insurance
as a part of the health-care fee, payable annually at registration.
The insurance is the primary insurance during the student's attendance
at Mount Vernon Nazarene University and is independent of parental
insurance coverage. The student health insurance provides coverage
on items that are commonly not covered by standard family insurance
The plan practically assures that the student can consult the
University physician within 24 hours Monday through Friday. Same
day appointments are often available if the student contacts
the Student Health Services early in the day on weekdays. Appointments
requested later in the day or for specialists require longer
wait times. The student health insurance covers local physician
appointments when arranged through the Director of Student Health
The plan covers the student 24 hours a day for the academic year.
While the exact dates vary from year to year, the coverage period
begins in mid-August and extends to end of May. The plan coordinates
benefits with the intercollegiate athletic insurance.
- There is no deductible or co-payment.
- The plan pays $150.00 per accident or illness when the student
is treated as an out-patient during the time of coverage.
- The plan provides for partial coverage for hospital admission
and surgeries (out-patient and in-patient).
- In the case of hospitalization, the policy assists in paying
the deductible and co-payments associated with parents' family
- No pre-certification is needed on hospitalizations.
- Pre-existing injuries or out-patient prescriptions are not
- Students schedule physician appointments through the Student
Health Services Office.
- The Student Health Services Office processes all the paper
work for the student insurance company.
- For billing purposes, physicians and the hospital consider
the student health insurance as the primary policy.
- The insurance company sends an explanation of benefits to
the student at either the home or University address.
- The family submits the balance of the medical expenses to
their insurance provider(s).
* If you don't have the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
to download it for free.